Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. Palladium is recruiting a full-time Finance Assistant for its USAID- and CDC-funded projects in Nigeria.
The incumbent of this position will report to the Finance Manager.This is a 12 month assignment, with the possibility of renewal
- Recording daily vouchers and maintaining the vouchers files up to date;
- Performing bank reconciliations on regular basis, preparing reconciliation statements for all bank accounts, and ensuring discrepancies are accurately identified and reconciled;
- Arranging and updating financial and administrative filings in the form of hard and soft copies;
- Liaising with banks in connection with banking information updates and enquires relevant to bank accounts;
- Updating vouchers and accounting records in the system and performing quality control and checks over suppliers’ bills/invoices to ensure cast of calculations are correct and complete;
- Supervising petty cash expenditure, Monitoring and reviewing the tasks of operations assistant to ensure office staff time-keepings are properly maintained;
- Maintaining good records of staff time-keeping as well as records of office equipment and assets;
- Strengthening correspondence and communication within departments and outside the office, he/she may draft letters, memo and messages and submit to the Finance Manager or Program Director for review and quality check- in;
Minimum education and experience required
- Applicants must have eligibility to work and live in Nigeria
- University degree in finance, accounting or similar field;
- 2+ years professional experience in finance and/or accounting;
- Knowledge and understanding of professional accounting principles, theories, practices and terminology (private sector, governmental, and non-profit) and ability to understand accounting practices and procedures, to analyse data, narrative reports and workload flow charts;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with managers, colleagues and clients;
- High computer proficiency, particularly in the Microsoft Office suite and accounting software programs;
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe;
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands; and
- Professional and mature demeanour and conduct, especially during interactions with program team members.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, go to the job post on Force
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.