Our client is a reputable Engineering company. They seek the services of an innovative CIVIL ENGINEER to design, develop and construct a huge range of projects of the physically and naturally built environment from conception through to completion. You will have a say in how the world looks like, work in a fast growing dynamic industry, contribute towards healthy economies and make a lasting positive impact to society
To successfully secure this opportunity, the candidate must have
- BS/MA in Building or Construction, Civil or Structural Engineering or a related field
- Professional membership e.g. COREN, NSE will be an added advantage
- Licence of professional engineer desired.
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years’ post- qualification with proven work experience as a civil engineer with a reputable company in the construction industry.
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualisations software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D or similar
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio and Project)
You are expected to help the organization to plan, design and oversee construction and maintenance of building structures and facilities.
- Using a range of computer packages to create and develop detailed designs for managing and maintaining small-scale through to large-scale construction projects in a safe, timely and sustainable manner
- Conduct on site investigations and analyze data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and other)
- Carry out technical and feasibility studies and draw up blueprints that satisfy technical specifications
- Assess potential risks, materials and costs
- Provide advice and resolve creatively any emerging problems/deficiencies
- Handle over the resulting structures and services for use
- Monitor progress and compile reports in project status
- Manage budget and purchase equipment/materials
- Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety etc and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required
Core Skills Required
- Project management and supervision skills
- Sound mathematical and technical skills including physics
- Ability to think methodically, to design, plan and manage projects
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills combined with the ability to delegate.
- Ability to analyse large amounts of data and assess solutions
- Confident decision-making ability
- Ability to function independently and with a team
- The ability to work within budgets and to deadlines.
Method of Application
ONLY if you have met these requirements and would like to seize this great opportunity, may you send your resume with the following attachments:
- Necessary Certifications
- Most recent passport photograph
All CVs should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or send via post to P.O.Box 17376 on or before Friday 23rd of October, 2015.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.