The EU-SIGN Project Nigeria is a seven-year (2011-2018) health systems strengthening Project to increase access to and utilisation of Immunisation Services within an integrated Primary Health Care service delivery system.
EU-SIGN is funded by the European Union and the project is being implemented at the Federal level through the National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA) Abuja, and in twenty-three EU-SIGN target States of Abia, Cross River, Gombe, Kebbi, Osun, Plateau, Lagos, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Ebonyi, Anambra, Kogi, Kwara, Bauchi, Yobe, Jigawa, Katsina, Kaduna, Zamfara, Sokoto and Kano plus Abuja FCT in Nigeria.
The project is designed purposely to improve Routine Immunisation and Governance at State and LGA levels. The main objective is to reduce maternal and under five mortality and morbidity. Conseil Santé (CS), Health Partners International (HPI) and SOFRECO have been awarded a service contract to provide Technical Assistance (TA) to the EU-SIGN Project, embedded within National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA) as the primary implementation agency under an administrative support by the National Planning Commission.
Job Description for Administrative Assistant/ Accountant for TA incidental Expenditures Budget Management
- Overall responsibilities:
- The Administrative Assistant/Accountant for TA Incidental Expenditures budget management will assist the TA Team in retirement of monthly and quarterly approved implementation budgets under the TA incidental expenditures. S/he will assist in ensuring that the TA Team in Abuja receives appropriate and timely supporting documentation from States to enable smooth replenishment requests and minimize ineligible expenditures.
- Specifically, the Administrative Assistant/Accountant for TA Incidental Expenditures budget management is expected to carry-out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Be responsible for strictly following European Development Fund (EDF) and the Government of Nigeria’s regulations for full purchase cycles of goods required by EU-SIGN PEs –TA Incidental Expenditures budget Component i.e. quotation collection, ordering, follow up, quality control, etc.
- To assist in systematic compilation, tracking, analysis and proper documentation of expenditures of TA Incidental Expenditures under Programme Estimates (PEs).
- To cross-check monthly/quarterly retirement documents including financial reports from the States.
- Ensure timely collection and processing of payment of all EU-SIGN OPE utilities.
- To establish and maintain a supportive financial supervisory schedule of PEs activities to State Technical Assistants (STAs).
- To assist in payment of participants at events organised by the EU-SIGN Project, e.g. workshops, meetings and missions.
- To assist the TA Team in retirement process of the Incidental Expenditures of National Level activity.
- Ensure backup documentation, review and analysis of administration cost centres according to PEs activities under TA Incidental Expenditures budget and other administrative documents. Develop, maintain and update a central knowledge data bank of contact information from STAs.
- Assist the TCA/PE on the review process of STAs’ monthly time sheets and invoices and weekly security reports;
- And any other responsibility that may be assigned by the Training & Contracting Advisor/Procurement Expert /and or by the Team Leader.
Qualification and skills required:
- A degree or diploma in Accounting or Business Administration and/or related field;
- Strong financial management and control skills;
- Familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles and practices;
- Proven and sound knowledge of proper book keeping;
- Excellent computer and writing skills (Ms Excel, Word). Knowledge of accounting packages (sage, Peachtree, quick books, etc.) would be an added advantage;
- Attention to details, strong analytical and numerical skills;
- At least 3 years of experience working accounts/ administrative officer;
- Experience with EU projects or similar international donor agencies is a plus;
- Reliability, honesty and excellent interpersonal skills.
Specific Measurable Output
- Ensure that States / STAs receive funds requested on a timely basis to implement approved activities.
- Ensure complete and accurate monthly retirement of funds given to States / STAs to conduct activities at the latest by the first week of the following month.
- OPE2 and OPE3 implementation period: (about 2.5 years).
The engagement of the Administrative Assistant/Accountant is expected to start by the 4th quarter, 2015.
Deliverables/reporting: The Administrative Assistant/Accountant will submit a monthly time sheet at the end of the month for his/her supervisor’s approval and the Team Leader’s endorsement.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send a detailed CV and cover letter to the email below:
email@example.com before COB of 16th October 2015 clearly stating the position title on the subject.