Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer web browser. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet lineup. It is the world's largest software maker measured by revenues. It is also one of the world's most valuable companies.
The Delivery Management Manager (DMM - Qualifier: Account or Territory) is responsible for the end-to-end service delivery responsibility within an assigned portfolio of customer accounts in ether the Top & Relationship segment (Q-Acount) or in the Managed & Scale Segment (Q-Territory), representing Microsoft Services throughout the deal phases whilst demonstrating a critical partnership with Sales. Serves as the single point of accountbility and/or escalation point for their assigned customers. This role has direct people management responsibility for both MCS & Premier delivery resources and supervises the services delivery of their assigned team members including Account Delivery Managers (ADE), Engagement Managers (EM), Technical Account Managers (TAM), Services Delivery Managers (SDM), and Enterprise Architects (EA). Typically reports to a Services Practice Leader (SPL). The DM Manager is on point to drive customer satisfaction, services revenue growth & profitability, reviewing and approving Services Delivery Plans for customers in the assigned portfolio.
• Drive a proactive consulting, support and operations business enhancing customer experience in Microsoft products, devices and services
• Control adherence to business strategy by providing internal management risk assessments
• Drive successful solution deployments and ensure proper business value while maintaining high customer/partner satisfaction
• Provide review, oversight and approval from proposal through delivery
• Grow the business through mentoring, talent pipeline development, and community evangelism
• Drive operational excellence and innovation through delivery best practices leveraging Microsoft Services Business Capabilities
• Drive active team participation on Community activities, Knowledge Management, IP creation and re-use supporting a Collective Knowledge culture by leveraging Services Foundational Principles (SFP) and Support vNext
• Drive Portfolio/Project Profitability, Forecast Accuracy, and Revenue Recognition, for consulting and premier contracts, and other financial and business metrics, as well as data accuracy
• Coaches and develops direct reports, conducts regular connect meetings and holds annual performance reviews with direct reports
Summary of % Responsibility/Activity Estimated Annual % of Time
Business Approach: 15 %
• Leads their team to influence and manage customer expectations, based on an end-to-end Delivery – Support lifecycle for assigned account(s). Recommends, delivers and supports technologies and services that meet current needs, and evolves strategies to adapt to future needs.
• Recommends innovative ways to realize business objectives
• Ensures Governance activities occur in line with Account management and quality outcomes
Opportunity Management: 15 %
• Leverages the team to identify and drive opportunities for new Services delivery through existing delivery contacts and relationships developed in additional functional orgs or business units.
• Maps Microsoft solutions and strategies to the customer environment and drives a strategic development and delivery plan to provide the highest value to the customer
• Works with Services Sales Manager(s) and Services Executive(s) to execute an intentional sales and business development strategy to meet customer / market demand
Contract Initiation: 5%
• Drives clarity and customer understanding in ensuring the creation of contracting documents necessary to proceed with delivery of services.
• Oversees/ Reviews the structuring of consulting and support contracts to ensure they are of high quality and properly scoped to meet the customer’s requirements and Services profitably and risk managemen
Delivery & Resource Management: 20 %
• Accountable for end to end delivery strategy that positively impacts business growth
• Reviews the current portfolio of engagements and contracts regularly to ensure delivery is on track within approved scope or that scope changes are properly handled (scope change requests, contract add-ons, etc.)
• Manages Account Delivery & Relationship Management roles, to exceed customer and partners business requirements and within policy to match customer and partner demand and/or contract expectations
• Ensures team is adopting Delivery Management standards (SDM and PSDM) and monitor the rhythm of the delivery business on a regular basis
• Decreases the gaps identified by workforce planning and Practice Maturity assessments
People Management: 25%
• Acts as a role model and encourages continuous personnel and organizational improvement.
• Coaches and develops direct reports, conducts regular connect meetings and holds annual performance reviews with direct reports.
• Leads the Microsoft Services transformation acting as an change agent and being a role model
• Support, coach and enable employees and partners to drive delivery excellence through customer satisfaction activities (conditions of satisfaction) and behaviors
Leadership: 10 %
• Communicate Microsoft vision and drive Microsoft strategies & priorities
• Acts as a role model and business leader
• Takes ownership of and resolves escalations within their practice, providing clear summaries and recommendations when escalations need to continue above their level.
• Ensures their team reviews and contributes (as appropriate) to Account Plans (APs), Services Growth Plans (SGPs), Services Delivery Plans (SDPs), and Deployment Blocker Analysis
Role and Description of Role/Responsibility:
Efficient and Proactive management of the consulting and support contracts portfolio: demonstrating a profitable Delivery margin, predictability & growth in Services Revenue, Customer Satisfaction, and driving business in line with Microsoft strategy.
This role owns resolving customer escalations to foster loyalty and repeat services business. Liaison across other Microsoft internal groups. Takes ownership and has the ability to communicate at Cx level within the Account.
Manages pre-sales investment, resource allocation, profitability of delivery engagements within the account, resource mix and delivery strategy
Strategy and Development:
This role proactively defines and executes against the consulting and support contracts portfolio leveraging customer value from their current and future investment in the Microsoft Platform, Devices and Services. Drives intentional business development as opposed to opportunistic selling.
Builds high performing teams that consistently aligns core priorities. Acts as a role model for continuous self-improvement and creates an environment in which all members feel challenged and supported. Attracts, retains, and develops individuals. Establishes a diverse & inclusive team culture.
The DMM is accountable for Leadership and People Development tasks including, but not limited to, Employee 1:1s, Mentoring, Connect Meetings, Team Building & Employee Development.
The DMM is also accountable for Performance Evaluation of direct reports including regular core priority setting and review, Career discussions and End of Year Performance reviews. The DMM is also a key stakeholder and active participant in the workforce planning, recruiting, hiring and on boarding processes.
Communication/ Business Relationships:
Expands the Microsoft footprint across the assigned account portfolio and delivery plans. Support the Delivery & Relationship Management roles to act as a trusted advisor to their customers, providing valuable insights on ways to improve their organization through Microsoft solutions. Teams with appropriate resources within Microsoft to present a seamless experience for the customer. Ensures timeliness and relevance of new business proposals.
Manages a well-governed business meeting all scorecard key performance indicators (KPIs) and Critical Indictors of Success around growth, profitability, employee, partner and customer satisfaction while conforming to Microsoft business practices and company priorities. As a leadership role in the Services Practice structure, the DMM has a strategic view of the complete services business life cycle. DMMs are responsible for prioritizing strategic business objectives including executive sponsorships, workloads, EPG collaboration, partner strategy, and business investments but focused on delivery and relationship management activities.
- 5- 8 years of related Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.)
Professional Training and Certification:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
In addition to core competencies the following knowledge, skills and abilities are required for the Account Delivery Manager role
• Proven capability to deliver strong transformational programs
• Innovation and leadership
• Active participation in Communities
• Ability to define and clearly communicate Account strategy & ROI
• Understanding of markets, customers and competitive products.
• Relevant Industry knowledge
• Ability to translate business requirement into technology solutions and driving these to business value
• Ability to encourage teamwork and collaboration through effectively managing change
• Problem solving and escalation management
• Executive Maturity
• An ability to articulate IT operations and supporting business process management
• Strong People Management ability supporting Microsoft values
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Microsoft's Career Page