GVA Partners is recruiting for the following positions in Lagos, Nigeria.
Unix System Administrator, Information Services and Technology, to help manage 300+ servers running Solaris, Linux operating systems for administrative and telecom applications.
- Install software, apply patches, manage file systems, monitor performance and troubleshoot alerts from commercial, open source and locally developed monitoring tools.
- System failure analysis and recovery; insuring the consistency and integrity of file systems.
- Business continuity planning from Infra Prospective side;
- Hardware/software configuration; and management
- Liaison with Application Owners and interact directly with them to negotiate solutions and implementation specifics.
- Technical support and general troubleshooting
- Able to Support 300+ servers in a 24x7 data center (ex: Stand BY duty)
- Manage and lead hardware and software migration and upgrade efforts of varying size and complexity.
- Able to work and troubleshoot ZFS, UFS, VXFS file systems.
- Able to work on Solaris and Veritas Cluster services.
- Able to tune the OS according to application requirement to increase the performance.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science/ Electronic Engineering/ Technology related field.
CERTIFICATIONS IN LINUX/UNIX ARE REQUIRED WITH MINIMUM OF 5+ YEARS WORKING EXPERIENCE IN THE SAME CAPACITY.
go to method of application »
The Infrastructure Specialist is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of the Company’s standard Project Methodology (SDLC). These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows (both physical and virtual) systems that support LAN infrastructure; Linux, Windows and Application systems that support security and email systems; Responsibilities on these systems include installation, engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development.
The responsibilities and expectations of the Infrastructure Specialist are as follows:
- Analysing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
- Introducing and integrating new technologies into existing data center environments.
- Performing routine audits of systems and software.
- Performing backups.
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software (e.g. database systems).
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
- Answering technical queries and dealing with often frustrated users.
- Responsibility for security.
- Responsibility for documenting the configuration of the system.
- Troubleshooting any reported problems.
- System performance tuning.
- Ensuring that the network infrastructure is up and running.
DESIRED COMPETENCY AND SKILLS REQUIREMENT
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft (preferred)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Minimum of 4+ years post National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in server/desktop administration; experience within an exchange or financial services organization preferred
- BSc degree in Computer Science, engineering discipline, mathematics or physics will be a distinct advantage
go to method of application »
- Maintain an up to date record of all Receivables and Payables from MNOs, Clients and Vendors.
- Responsible for the preparing and maintaining all Company’s financial reports.
Role and Responsibilities
Operations and Management:
- Prepare and Reconcile Logs and Invoices with the MNOs.
- Maintain all statutory payments and receipts including WHT, Revenue Payments, Access fees etc.
- Prepare and Issue invoices to MNOs, Clients etc.
- Prepare and submit revenue reports to Clients, Content Providers etc.
- Prepare the Company’s Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Financial Reports including Budget, Sales Report, Bank Transactions, Financial Statements, etc.
- Prepare the Company’s monthly budget including salary budget, monthly purchases etc.
- Disburse petty cash as needed keeping records of all expenses.
- Comply and maintain all federal, state and local government financial requirements including Tax Clearance, NSITF, Pension, ITF etc.
- Liaise with the Company’s Auditors to maintain an up to date yearly Audited Accounts and Tax Clearance.
- Document and file all processes relating to the role.
- Maintain and file both soft and hard copy of all accounting coupons, vouchers etc.
- Collaborate and communicate with other functional teams to meet client’s needs and operational efficiency within the Company.
- Keep abreast of new developments and trends of Government regulations and requirements in the Accounting field.
- Analyze and recommend financial options and actions to Management.
- Perform other assigned duties as delegated by management from time to time.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years working experience preferably within the VAS, Telecommunication or ICT industry
- Completed NYSC
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Chartered Accountant preferable
- Knowledge of working with accounting software-QuickBooks
- Research and Writing
- Use of Microsoft Office suite
- Interpersonal skills
- Resource Management
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Communication skills
- A self-starter with high attention to detail
- Great team work and collaborative spirit
- Proven ability to make an impact internally and externally
- Analytical minded
- Ability to engage and drive others to deliver targets
- Exhibit high energy levels and drive
- Ability to easily adapt to changing work environment
- Exhibit Professionalism at all times
Method of Application
Candidates who meet the above requirement should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com using the job title as subject of the mail
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale