Career Opportunities at Pagatech Limited
Posted on: 9 October, 2015
Deadline: 31 October, 2015
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Pagatech Limited
Pagatech was founded in early 2009 with a vision to enable a cashless society and bank the unbanked in Africa. Our first product offering, Paga, is a direct to consumer mobile payments service. Paga is an innovative, open, secure, and interoperable mobile payments platform that allows any person who has a mobile phone to transact electronically - thus turning the mobile phone into an electronic wallet.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- The Finance Systems Accountant will provide support to department activities with specific responsibility for maintaining accurate records of accounting with a view of ensuring timely, consistent and effective reports necessary to assist decision making.
- The ideal candidate will work to ensure alignment between all finance reporting, identifying any data set anomalies and address any underlying financial system reporting processes deficiencies.
- This role will utilize good team work, strong analytical skills, accounting knowledge, systems knowledge, time management and effective problem solving skills to ensure success.
- The systems accountant will act as an interface between the finance team and the IT/Engineering team.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager, Paga Finance Operations to review of financial and accounting requirements on new business products, set up the accounting design and required reports applicable to the operating systems as well as data feeding into corporate accounting systems.
- Hold regular update meetings with the finance operations team and train staff on new/upgraded processes on the systems accounting
- Conduct daily reconciliations of collection or pool bank accounts to Paga’s financial records, and perform ad-hoc and regular forensic accounting exercises on Paga’s financials
- Manage internal controls and processes for system financial data audits and validation enquiries
- Work closely with Product Innovation and Quality Assurance teams in drafting business cases to support system expansion and changes; testing and post implementation reviews
- Liaise with Operations Support team on systems bugs or anomalies reported by the finance team
- Work within the scope of the department’s policies, processes and procedures to analyze and ensure all financial transactions are accurately captured
- Working closely with the finance managers to ensure that both new and existing financial features/transactions/reports on the PAGA system are properly utilized
- Continuously monitor and manage improvement of financial features and reports.
- Keep abreast of regulatory updates and ensure compliance
- Other ad-hoc tasks as assigned by management.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrate good combined knowledge of accounting and finance practices, and information technology.
- Must be able to apply forensic attention to detail including the reconciliation of financial/accounting records and bank statements
- Must possess intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Must be able to work under pressure, deliver work in accordance with agreed timelines and respond effectively to requests for financial information/reports by other stakeholders including the finance department, marketing team and the business leaders
- Must be able to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Self-driven, hardworking, proactive thinker and problem solver
- Ability to communicate complex issues logically with both finance and non-finance stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience
- 4 - 6 years in Auditing, Forensic Accounting, Financial Information Technology, System Data Analysis, Quality Assurance, OR similar role in a reputable and structured business environment
- First Degree in Accounting or Business concentration; OR First Degree in another concentration with at least 3 years of financial system and general accounting experience.
- Certification or relevant work experience with Information Systems Auditing.
go to method of application »
- As a finance manager responsible for Paga operations you will play a critical role within our organization. You will be primarily responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of Paga Finance Operations unit and proper accounting of all transactions as it relates to the Paga payments service.
- The company will be looking to you to take leadership on all matters relating to the Paga system and the finance function.
- This covers multiple areas including ensuring the smooth conversion of cash into electronic value, reconciliation of all Paga pool accounts on a daily basis, managing our key 3rd party partners accounts including providing reconciliation support, and supporting our customer service functions to resolve any issues relating to finance.
- The company will be looking to you to design and implement processes that ensure smooth operations, train and develop your team members.
- To be successful you must be someone who has a strong accounting and finance acumen, has the ability to lead teams, and able to define processes and ensure controls are abided. Additionally you must be someone who cares about others, reliable, trustworthy, takes initiative, calm under pressure, and have great communication skills - verbal, non-verbal, and written.
- Designing, implementing, and communicating all processes and controls relating to Paga operations for the finance function
- Coordinate seamless accounting processes with the IT/engineering team
- Ensuring the correct reconciliation of all accounts
- Maintaining an excellent working relationship with our partner banks
- Ensuring the smooth running of Paga operations within the finance department
- Leading a team to execute on the day to day functions
- Ensuring team members abide by agreed controls for all processes
- Ensuring the right “climate” within your team - this includes championing the consistent measurement of how it feels to work in your team and working with team members to address any issues.
- People development - You will be responsible for taking the lead in sourcing and providing team members with relevant training for their roles.
- Strong accounting acumen
- Attention to detail
- Initiative and curiosity
- Multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Judgement and decision-making ability
- Communication skills - verbal, non-verbal and written
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- 7+ years of relevant accounting/finance experience with 3+ years of direct supervision or management of an accounting/finance team or department
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent
- Working knowledge of IFRS standards
- Strong with Excel and data analysis
- Strong written and presentation skills a plus
- Experience working with Banks or companies with significant transaction volumes
- Experience setting up back-end accounting processes and systems for large volume of transactions
- Bachelor's degree with a first class or 3.5 (and above) GPA a strong plus
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and cover letters to: email@example.com Email subject should be 'Finance Systems/Forensic Accountant Role' or 'Finance Manager - Paga Operations Role at Paga'
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Pagatech LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Office Assistant at AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited
- Latest Job Recruitment at Sahel Capital
- Credit Officers (Graduate Trainee) at Verite Microfinance Bank Ltd
- Experienced Executive Assistant / Personal Assistant at an International Bank - ICSL
- Fresh Job Opportunity at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Managing Director/CEO at a Reputable Stock Broking Firm
- Marketing Manager at Sam Oyemade & Co.
- Information Technology Job Opportunity at Culminate Consulting