If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
In 1965, Clark Abt expressed a single, noble goal—to create a world free of war and poverty. The visionary set to work establishing Abt Associates. Over the next half century, the company became known as a bold, innovative and effective agent of social change, committed to improving the quality of life and economic well-being of people worldwide. Today, Abt Associates continues to be a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators
The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Abt Associates seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Director for an upcoming USAID-funded health program in Nigeria. The program will focus on family planning, reproductive health, and maternal, new born, and child health across northern Nigeria.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Director will be responsible for creating and managing the M&E database, systematically collecting, analyzing and presenting program data for program staff, partners, donors and for preparing monthly and quarterly program indicator reports. The Monitoring and Evaluation Director will contribute to the project’s information management by advising on the planning, design, and strengthening of program M&E systems at different levels.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Set-up and maintain a comprehensive and effective monitoring & evaluation database and physical files for all program areas.
- Design and develop monitoring and evaluation plans, formats and reporting systems across program areas.
- Provide routine analysis to enable staff and management to monitor program performance and systems strengthening.
- Coordinate quarterly, semi-annual, and annual data analysis and reporting for all the program indicators.
- Maintain up to date accurate source documents for all program indicators.
- Synthesize and analyze data for summary and program reports on M&E findings.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the M&E data collection, data entry, filing analysis and reporting
- Produce a variety of written documents, presentations and visual representation of data
- Assist program teams to identify performance Indicators which will demonstrate project outputs, outcomes and impact
- Collect/collate and analyze performance indicator data
- Assist with evaluations and assessments
- Review and improve the M&E system in close collaboration with the program team
- Monitor implementation of the program to support effective use of resources
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics, or other relevant field.
- At least ten (10) years of relevant professional experience in designing and implementing M&E activities and special studies for complex health systems strengthening and/or service delivery programs.
- Experience with M&E work in HIV/AIDS, malaria, family planning, maternal, newborn and child health, and/or nutrition desired
- Demonstrated expertise in both quantitative and qualitative research methods; firm command of M&E issues with respect to improvements in service delivery.
- Demonstrable analytical skills to measure the health impact of the project’s activities.
- Experience with capacity building.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, initiative, good judgment, and problem-solving abilities.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Statistical Software).
- (10+) years of experience and a bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit ABT Associate's Career Page