Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. We alleviate suffering and provide assistance to people in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, belief or nationality.
CRS maintains strict standards of efficiency, accountability and transparency. Last year, more than 93 percent of revenues we spent went directly to programs that benefit the poor overseas.
- Serve as principle point of contact on audit and compliance issues with consortia partners and donors.
- Promptly follow-up to ensure closure of audit recommendations in collaboration with HoOps. This involves participation in the development of audit closure action plans and follow-up to ensure timely submission of responses to the Deputy Regional Director MO (DRD MQ). Regional Finance Office (RFO) and HQ Internal Audit Department.
- Develop and implement comprehensive compliance review plans for the Country Program covering all areas of risk.
- Develop the Risk Disclosure; Loss Event Report forCR approval.
- Conduct annual internal Control assessments annually in coordination with the CR, l'loOps and FM to validate assessment coverage, process and ratings have becn performed as prescribed in the Internal Control Policy.
- Coordinate with country program department heads to ensure that instances of non-compliance are identified, reported and corrected,
- Coordinate with HoOps and DRD MO to ensure that country operational policies comply with donor regulations and agency standards.
- Review and comment on award agreements, partners' sub-agreements. and other award documents in order to ensure compliance with relevant laws and donor regulations as well as CRS policy.
- Develop tiling systems for grant/project, assets, personnel and other, and monitor implementation with department heads.
- Recommend action to be taken bX CRS as lead Agency for any Partner that is not meeting its contractual obligations or does not have the necessary internal control and finance systems in place to manage advances. in coordination with the FM.
- Take investigation assignments as needed assess
Qualifications and Skills:
- ACA. CPA, CIA. Chartered Accountancy or Master's Degree preferred. Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business, required.
- Minimum 5 years in accounting, finance or auditing. Auditing experience of five years, preferred.
- Be able to work well within a diverse team, and be sensitive to local cultures.
- Knowledge ofUSG Regulations and Global Fund a plus.
- Computer skills to include word processing and spreadsheet.
- Strong writing skills as demonstrated through previous experience writing reports, evaluations.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and to prioritizc competing demands.
- Strategic, analytical and planning skills: ability to think ahead and plan over a 12-month period,
- Able to work independently.
- Ability to develop effective systems considering organizational effecti veness and impact on people.
- Available for in-country travel up to 30% of the time
go to method of application »
- Support project meetings and itineraries
- Support meetings, including coordination meetings, weekly/monthly program meetings. and program workshops and trainings:
- Coordinate staff movements including leave, field trips and all required logistics
- Work with management to organize venues, issue invitations
- Record all meeting proceedings and circulate to participants in a timely manner.
- Ensure logistical support to visitors including liaising withAdministration on itineraries
- Make appointments according to schedules developed by program team members
- Be the primary point of contact for visitors' administrative needs
- Perform project level administrative duties as required
- Procurement: Handle all project procurement in collaboration with operation's unit.
- Maintain inventory of all project partner's contact information
- Assist with correspondence. letters. and invitations. Act as liaison between programs staffand dispatcher.
- Support the establishment and function of project resource center and project information management
- Support program leadership in updating the Gateway site with relevant project in formation
- Work closely with the projectteam in supporting learning events and research activities.
- Liaise with the IT department on hard and software questions to ensure functionality to meet ongoing and ad hoc needs
- Support program staff with request for advances and cash disbursements
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of a university degree. Some experience with management of professional development preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in administrative and project support
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and computers in general
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to work with church-based organizations.
- Demonstrated willingness to work in a team.
- Demonstrated initiative and problem solving skills.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should download the application form using this link http://goo.gl/8OOQcp and send with a detailed resume in a one word document to NG_HR@global.crs.org
Completed applications should reach us on or before Wednesday, October 21,2015. Applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please note CRS Nigeria does not accept any form of fees for recruitment.
"CRS is an equal-oppornmity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race. color. religion. etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply".
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
"CRS' recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation'
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale