Oracle Corporation is an American multinational computer technology corporation headquartered in Redwood City, California, United States. The company specializes in developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products – particularly its own brands of database management systems. As of 2011, Oracle is the second-largest software maker by revenue, after Microsoft.
Oracle's Global License Management Services (LMS) is focused on promoting the management, governance, and awareness of the proper use and distribution for solutions. LMS offers a range of value-added services to address customers’ license management needs that are transparent and consultative, based on proven processes and expert licensing capability.
• Reports to the LMS country manager
• Works as part of the LMS country and/or regional team
• Works to objectives agreed with LMS country management
• Works in an assigned segment / territory
• Recognized authority on Oracle licensing
• Has no direct reports
• Works closely with other LOB’s (e.g. License, Presales, Finance, Oracle Direct, Support, GFIC, Support Sales, Contract Specialists, Business Practices, Revenue Recognition and the Channel Teams)
• Acting as a leading authority in Oracle License Management, Software Asset Management (SAM) and compliance domains for customers and partners
• Work closely with customers/partners and identify the key people to work with and need commitment from
• Build working knowledge of LMS technical tools and processes
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of relevant Oracle products, practices, procedures and license policies
• Identifying and evaluating the merits of conducting a review engagement with a customer and gain approval from the relevant sales and LMS manager
• Recording, documenting, and analyzing the information/data gathered
• Producing formal written review reports
• Articulating Oracle’s licensing practices to both internal and external parties
• Expert working knowledge of LMS technical tools and processes
• Measuring the usage of Oracle product/applications etc, using the relevant services and tools and respecting the Contractual License Grant and its definitions.
• Produce project plans (meeting) notes and formal written License Review reports & assist sales in closing possible review finds
• Generating additional reports as required by the LMS manager • Keep internal systems up to date for business planning/reporting purposes
• Contributing to the ongoing development and knowledge sharing within the extended LMS group through regular discussion and feedback
• Develop your skills in sales, technology & finance
• Building effective relationships and networks
• Customer focus
• Effective communication (both verbal and in writing)
• Team working
• Organization sensitivity and awareness
• Personal drive
• Planning and organization
• Results oriented
• Problem solving
• Be pro active & hands on
• Quality driven
• Ability to build trust with co workers and customers
• University degree standard (or equivalent)
• 8+ years customer focused experience (IT industry is an advantage)
• Commercial experience and an understanding of the delivery life cycle
• Familiarity with Oracle products and/or services gained from an Oracle environment is desirable
• Ability to present to company´s board (customer & Oracle)
• Strong influencing and negotiating skills (internal & external).
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Delivers license management services and programs to customers and partners, in order to govern, manage and promote awareness of the proper use and distribution of Oracle solutions. Provides expertise, advisement and tools that aid in managing compliance with Oracle*s contractual agreements, while providing value-added services to enhance satisfaction.
Evaluates assigned segment to identify accounts/areas where compliance needs to be assessed and ensured. Executes license management engagements/programs with customers and partners, following defined standard processes, that aid in the proper management and distribution of Oracle products. Develops expertise in contractual agreements, licensing policies, technical verification, compliance processes and other relevant areas, using this to provide analysis and license management advisement. Works with sales, customers and partners to ensure compliance issues are resolved, while preserving business relationships. Drives the project planning, implementation, control and communication of assigned engagements/programs. Partners with other Oracle organizations in planning and conducting engagements/programs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Successful management of multiple projects. Ability to analyze issues and formulate relevant business solutions. Exhibits cross-lob collaboration and strong communication skills in successfully performing job responsibilities. University degree or equivalent combination of studies and experience. Typically 5 years of related experience to include 3-5 years customer facing experience in IT/asset management consulting, audit or customer management and understanding of the software industry is preferred.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Sells a subset of product or services directly or via partners to a large number of named accounts/non-named accounts/geographical territory (mainly Tier 3 accounts).
Primary job duty is to sell business applications software/solutions and related services to prospective and existing customers. Manage sales through forecasting, account resource allocation, account strategy, and planning. Develop solution proposals encompassing all aspects of the application. Participate in the development, presentation and sales of a value proposition. Negotiate pricing and contractual agreement to close the sale. Identify and develop strategic alignment with key third party influencers.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years field sales experience with focus on large strategic accounts including applications sales experience. Highly developed selling, customer relations and negotiation skills. Successful sales track record. Oracle knowledge and/or knowledge of Oracle*s competitors. Interaction with C level players. Team player. Ability to penetrate accounts and meet with stakeholders within accounts. Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Presentation skills. Travel may be needed. Bachelor degree or equivalent.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job titles to apply online.