If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Mercy Corps is a global, non-governmental organization, which exists to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities. Mercy Corps works in the areas of emergency relief, sustainable economic development and civil society. Since 1979, Mercy Corps has provided $1 billion in assistance to people in 94 nations. Mercy Corps Nigeria is collaborating with the Federal Government of Nigeria, the UK Department for International Development and USAID partners implementing economic development programs throughout the country, and opened its Nigeria Field Office in December 2012.
We are seeking to engage interested and qualified candidate for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Assistant (ENGINE).
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Accountability: Reports directly to ENGINE MEL Officer (100%)
Works Directly with: MEL team, Programs unit, I&E team
- The Educating Nigerian Girls in New Enterprises (ENGINE) program seeks to improve the lives of marginalised adolescent girls aged 16-19 in Nigeria.
- The project which is funded through a grant to the Coca-Cola Company as part of the UK Department for International Development’s Girls’ Education Challenge (GEC) is being implemented in Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, and the FCT. About 18,000 adolescent girls who are either enrolled in school or are currently out of school are the target beneficiary of the program.
- The ENGINE program is being implemented by a consortium which includes Mercy Corps, Preston Health Care Consulting and the Nike Foundation.
General Position Summary: Background:
- Mercy Corps is an international development organization that helps people around the world survive and thrive during crisis and natural disaster. Mercy Corps seek to engage interested and qualified candidate for the position of MEL Assistant to work with ENGINE project. The MEL Assistant will work with the Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) unit and provide support for all aspects of monitoring, evaluation, data management and research.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage ENGINE data management platforms (MIS, Aggregator, SPSS, Excel)
- Perform data analysis and present monthly report based on project indicators
- Conduct collation and entry of data from ENGINE data collection tool including but not limited to; Pre and post-test questionnaire, Matching interest to work, Attendance summary, Pre enrolment form, Learning session report, Academic curricular pretest score and School performance record
- Performance regular update of ENGINE data management platforms
- Support development of monthly M&E report, fact-sheet and quarterly Newsletter
- Perform any other assignment as required by the supervisor.
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, information management, or relevant field, with a strong foundation in database management and research methods.
- Minimum 1-3 years of work experience in the area of qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies, database management and report writing.
- Knowledge of program development, implementation, evaluation, and reporting.
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Hausa required.
- The successful MEL Assistant will have the ability to multi-task, set priorities, and work under tight deadlines within a complex team. S/he will demonstrate strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills and be committed to the values and mission of Mercy Corps.
- S/he will take initiative and contribute to team efforts, as well as demonstrate ability to communicate.
Living /Environmental Conditions:
- This position will be based in Abuja with up to 25% travel primarily to locations within Northern States where security is at times high-risk. Security in Abuja is generally good.
- Housing, health care, water, electricity and consumer goods are all reasonably accessible and there are good international and domestic travel options from Abuja Airport.
- Mercy Corps Team members represent the agency both during and outside of work hours when deployed in a field posting or on a visit/TDY to a field posting.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Mercy Corps' policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the email.
Note: shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.