FJA is part of the AfricaRecruit Limited (Registered in England: 4793819) group of companies. We may share your information with associated companies within this group in order to provide the services that you have requested.
In no circumstances will we pass your information to third parties to enable them to contact you themselves about products and services which they offer.
To ensure the development, monitoring and evaluation of activity programs for the company trademark which delivers annual brand targets (such as volume, market share, brand awareness, brand imagery), on budget and on time, and sustain brand equity
• Developing annual activity plans for the brand which maintains the brand as the front-runner in its category and deliver the annual brand targets. Lead the planning process for all brand activity programmes, liaising with relevant stakeholders to ensure that planning timelines are adhered to.
• Work closely with third-party agencies and suppliers to ensure that approved brand activities are executed on time and within the approved budget. Monitor activity execution through the team members and recommend corrective action if/when required. Ensure that the appropriate information is captured for activity evaluations, with learning’s recorded for future brand planning. Act as the company’s representative to the media
• Track brand marketing expenditure against agreed activities, including actual marketing expenditure per case vs. target expenditure, and provide regular reports to the COO. Ensure accurate and well-presented cost summaries are provided for all activities, including quotations, invoicing and final actual budgets reconciliations.
• Determine brand targets which contribute to the delivery of overall portfolio goals and in determining marketing strategy for the brand which achieves the brand targets.
• Maintain the marketing calendar for the brand, providing timely reports to all relevant stakeholders so that all timelines are adhered to.
• Develop highly valuable working relations with third-party agencies and suppliers in order to ensure premium service-level from them. Conduct performance management of third-party agencies and suppliers by analysing performance reviews and highlighting issues to be addressed as these arise. Continually identify new third-party suppliers to ensure that the Company benefits from imaginative and innovative ideas at the highest service level and optimum pricing.
• Secure regulatory approvals as required for brand activities and creative materials.
• Work closely with the Brand manager, Sales executives and representatives in tracking agreed attributes and metrics. Ensure regular brand health reports are provided to the COO and the ED.
• Identifying research needs for the brand and in producing associated research briefs.
• Monitor key competitor brands and their activities through data, research and regular market visits. Provide regular competitor activity reports and to assist in developing response(s) to protect the position of the brand.
• Be the “Steward” of the brand, protecting the Company’s investment in the brands’ equity by tenaciously adhering to Brand Standards and ensuring all colleagues, agencies and suppliers are aware of and adhere to the Brand Standards. Create the Brand Standards Manual and ensure that is kept up to date.
• Maintain a Library of brand plans and evaluations to support a strong knowledge database in line with Company policies and processes. Ensure all materials and artworks created for the brand by third-party agencies and suppliers are supplied in both digital and hard copy formats and are passed to the COO and ED for addition to Artwork Library.
• Brief and train team members
• A Bachelor’s degree from a reputable institution.
• Postgraduate qualification in Marketing would be an advantage if the first degree is not in a Marketing-related subject.
• 7-10 years’ work experience at a reputable company, preferably FMCG in the marketing, communications or
• public relations section, of which at least 4 should be in the Marketing function at a Senior Brand Manager Level or equivalent.
• Sales experience would be an advantage.
• Proven experience in new product development, executing, monitoring and evaluating brand activity plans, particularly Above and as well as below-the-line programmes such as consumer promotions, trade promotions, events, design and production of POS material and merchandising.
• Understands the importance of building and maintaining brand equity. Able to compile and analyse brand data and insights to market information to determine key brand issues and has a good understanding of market research techniques. Strong strategic marketing skills with at least 2 years’ experience at a strategic brand management level.
• Able to manage workload and a number of different projects/activities simultaneously, to meet deadlines
• Must also have a good grasp and understanding of consumer insights and needs, Strategic thinking and leadership skills.
• Able to interact with a range of business functions and with a variety of people across different management levels.
• Numeracy and computer literacy.
• Numerate; able to manage expenditure against approved budgets;
• Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite – Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Able to incorporate information from different sources in planning and decision-making; articulate in both verbal and written, with a sound command of spoken and written English.
• Organised and pays attention to detail;
• Seeks solutions.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should send detailed CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org