The MacTay Group is a leading consulting company with its sole aim to nurture and improve growth in people and establishments by offering strategic and operations consulting services.
Our 30 year success story has been one filled with excitement and fulfilment for our clients, overcoming difficult challenges, cutting across Private, Public and social sectors while staying true to our beliefs that limitations are only a figment of the imagination, with our committed and innovative team, we have proved this time and again.
Our focus has always been to maximize output, performance and excellence, and this can be attested to by the numerous brands we have worked with in West Africa.
Our major driving force is our deep seated passion to improve performance using the best possible initiative ideas, supporting our clients to improve and modify, exceeding expectations and in the end creating ultimate satisfaction. We are constantly on the edge of transforming, as we believe that nothing is impossible.
The MacTay Group is sourcing for a young dynamic and experienced individual to join its Human Resources Team; to work closely with the Outsourcing unit.
OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB:
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) aligns business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The HRBP will service as a consultant to management on Human Resource related issues.
- Conduct periodic meetings with respective business units.
- Conduct meetings with line manager providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirement related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develop contract terms for new hires, promotions, transfer.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restrictions, workforce planning, succession planning.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follow-up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Manage day to day co-ordination (supervising) of onsite employees
EDUCATIONAL: BSc. Graduate or equivalent
AGE: 25-40 years
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Essential Desirable
- Good, confident communicator
- Good facilitation and presentation skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office particularly
- Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent standard of written English
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of employment law
- Commercially and Financially astute
- Report Writing
- At least 4 years’ experience of working as a HR professional with at least 2 years working with a leadership level on a consultative and partnering basis.
- Experience of advising managers on a range of people matters (e.g. discipline, grievance, performance management, sickness absence, recruitment, etc.)
- Experience of working with middle/senior managers
- Experience of working in a stand-alone role
- Experience of implementing new initiatives and rolling out new ways of working
- Ideally have operated in a multisite HR role
- Experience of using a recognized HR Software/Database System
- Experience of working in a legal, professional services or education environmen
- Ability to establish effective relationships
- Strong Team spirit
- Excellent Communication skills
- Project Management/Supervisory Skills
- Strong supervisory skills.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit MacTay's Career Page