Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer web browser. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet lineup. It is the world's largest software maker measured by revenues. It is also one of the world's most valuable companies.
Microsoft is proactively engaging in a transition to become a devices, software and services company. Part of this transformation involves helping transform an education agenda for the 21st Century and is about much more than providing a child with a low-cost computing device. Central to the success of these projects is an end to end and holistic approach that combines not just devices, but also systems architecture, applications, content, training, services and a clear definition of outcomes that can be measured and supported by all stakeholders. From devices to back end infrastructure, applications and content, to training and support, Microsoft’s commitment to education and the solutions available to support almost any approach mean we have an unprecedented opportunity within K12, Higher Education (HE) and Further Education (FE).
The Solution Sales Professional - Academic (SSP-EDU) role is responsible for locally delivering a deep, broad, well-managed and growing business of opportunities with EDU partners that drive yearly revenue targets and long-term revenue & share opportunities. The SSP-EDU role is also responsible for contributing towards winning & ensuring successful implementation of 1:1 opportunities and beating the competition with solutions based on the Microsoft platform with O365 and Windows Devices at the core.
• Drive attainment of local revenue based incentive (RBI) objectives including services
• Grow Market Share and drive attainment of local share based incentive (SBI) objectives.
• Evaluate competitive technology and ensure appropriate knowledge & field awareness
• Continuous improvement of industry knowledge, industry scenarios and creative ideas
- Driving high impact, business solutions that engage the customer, drive product revenue and leverage the Microsoft eco-system through Consultative/Solutions selling especially focused on device selling and winning in the cloud.
- Developing opportunities that lead to a sales pipeline producing wins that meet or exceed quota, and drive positive reference wins which can be used in breadth sales engagements and through PR placement.
- Selling a wide range of Windows capable devices with the goal of becoming the leading supplier of “Education enabled devices” to education customers.
- Competing on every Windows Device and beating the competition with educational solutions.
- Selling services to PS (including SMSP and EPG Edu) Education accounts.
- Building strong and deepening customer relationships - customers with realized value through acquisition and deployment of the solutions they buy.
- Developing and executing strategic, effective and actionable EPG Education account plans.
- Driving and assisting execution of campaigns that meet or exceed quota for depth and breadth revenue
Experiences Required: Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge
Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge
• Strong experience positioning education solutions to education decision makers both hardware and software, including cloud and devices
• Demonstrated expertise positioning education solutions to senior education decision makers by reinforcing the technology value to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities.
• Great communicator – being able to present, demonstrate and articulate value propositions to small groups and large audiences.
• Strong, proven track record of consistently holding or exceeding quota using a consultative/solution selling approach, focused on solving educationally relevant problems.
• Technically astute – can convey complex issues and solutions in clear terms and recommend cutting edge solutions to 1:1 challenges based on them.
• Demonstrated strategic time management and multi-tasking skills
• Is a resourceful problem-solver, leveraging internal and partner resources where and when needed to do what’s right for the customer and for the organization.
• Working effectively within a virtual team, taking strategic direction from opportunity owners and considering inputs from team members.
• Listening to customers (as opposed to telling/selling), probing for business process pains and opportunities, in an effort to meet or exceed their expectations & leveraging partner-facing readiness activities to find ways to scale capacity.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Microsoft's Career Page