African Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF) - Established in 1991, the African Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF) builds human and institutional capacity for good governance and economic development in Africa. To date the Foundation has empowered governments, parliaments, civic society, private sector and higher education institutions in more than 45 countries and 6 regional economic communities. ACBF supports capacity development through investments, technical support, knowledge generation and sharing across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- The Foundation seeks to recruit a Senior Risk Management and Control Officer. Reporting to Head, Internal Audit, the incumbent will oversee the risk management process within a framework of broad policies and procedures.
At the Project Level:
- Assess the overall Governance, Risk and Control (CRC) framework of grantees during appraisal in order to avoid or minimize the risks associated with project implementation.
- Conduct regular risk and control environmental scans on all active projects through surveys, desk reviews and other appropriate means. Undertake supervision missions on those projects vulnerable to high risks.
- Ensure grant effectiveness conditions are met before disbursement and trigger remedial action in case of failure of compliance with the Grant Agreement provisions.
- In liaison with grantees, assess internal controls, perform effectiveness tests over processes with significant control deficiencies, recommend solutions to issues arising from control reviews, and ensure execution of management action plans.
- Review the Interim Financial Reports (IFRs) submitted by active projects and provides necessary feedback.
- Track and follow up on implementation of all recommendations on each project from internal audit, external audit, supervision missions, Portfolio Review and/or any other M&E undertakings.
- Ensure inputs into the portfolio review process are timely and accurate with respect to (i) the financial management and fiduciary data, (II) risk and control environment at the project level, and (iii) the response to audit recommendations.
- Facilitate consolidation of cross cutting risks identified across projects, update and maintain the risk register.
At the Foundation Level:
- Identify appropriate risk management model and internal control framework in line with internationally accepted standards and best practice.
- Support the tools for a structured risk analysis within the Foundation in order to ensure that all critical procedures and controls inherent in the Foundation are documented and adhered to.
- Coordinate Enterprise Risk management (ERM) at the Foundation, providing technical support to risk owners and management, ensuring that the ERM remains relevant to the Foundation’s business goals and needs.
- Identify and bring to the attention of the management team all risks that are crosscutting in nature.
- Track and follow up implementation of all recommendations from internal audit, external audit or any other M&E undertakings.
- Facilitate Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) throughout the Foundation.
- Monitor and report on the status of key indicators defined under the Foundation’s Risk Management Appetite Statement and alert the management team when any of the indicators Or trends reaches alarming levels.
- Support the production of quarterly risk management report to the Audit and Risk Committee (ARC)
Selection will be on a competitive basis and the following minimum qualifications, experience and competencies are required:
- Advanced University degree in finance, accounting, audit, risk management or business related field together with a reconized professional accounting qualification from an internationally recognised professional accounting body e.g. CRIVIA, CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA, CCSA or IFAC recognized equivalent
- Specialised experience in related field within a similar organization as ACBF may be considered in lieu of a full professional qualification.
- A minimum of four years of experience in a similar position in an international
- Organization. Experience in internal audit, external audit or compliance review as well as exposure to contemporary risk management and internal control framework like COSO will be an advantage.
- Excellent English and French language skills are strongly desired.
- Strong and demonstrated experience in handling technical accounting and financial reporting issues.
- Ability to cope with multiple tasks effectively; excellent communication and analytical skills and ability to work effectively with people at all levels in the organization in a multi cultural environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application quoting the reference "Senior Risk Management and Control Officer" including curriculum vitae with three (3) referee, should be sent to:
The Executive Secretary,
The African Capacity Building Foundation,
Note: Only shortlisted applicants being considered for interview will be contacted. The Executive Secretary reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale