The Internal Audit Manager plans and conducts operational, financial and compliance audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls. Determine compliance with selected policies, procedures, and regulations. Make written recommendations to management to increase efficiency and/or effectiveness of the control systems of functions reviewed. Perform special investigations as requested by the management. This position works with all levels of management and employees within the Company, internal audit personnel and external auditors.
- Plan and conduct audits to assess controls, operational efficiencies and compliance with selected policies, procedures and regulations. Resolve audit problems that occur and develop modifications to coverage and schedule.
- Ensure work papers are adequately documented and audit evidence is sufficient. Prepare accurate audit reports for management.
- Elicit information from knowledgeable internal/external sources about areas and functions to determine appropriate audit direction/methodology. Research all pertinent data (law, current issues, work papers, reports). Develop reasonable budgeted hours.
- Research and keep abreast of legislative issues, new audit regulations/trends and audit methodology.
- Assist in developing annual audit plan and submit to MD and directors for review and approval.
- Assist external auditors as appropriate. Assist in coordinating the company’s response to audit findings and recommendations.
- Coordinate regular visit and audit of all outlets to ensure adherence to company policy on stock, cash and other control
- Conduct periodic training workshops to promote awareness of internal controls and to discuss changes in policies that will impact the system flow of information.
- Participate in various committees or task forces geared to policy/procedure development and operational improvements.