Federal University Ndufu-Alike, lkwo (FUNAI) in Ebonyi State was among the Nine new Universities established by the last administration in February, 2011. It is situated in lkwo Local Government Area of Ebonyi State which is about 25 kilometers from Abakaliki, the State Capital.
The Governing Council of the Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, lkwo, Ebonyi State has declared a vacancy for the position of the Vice-Chancellor with effect from 14th February, 2016. In accordance with the Provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act No. 11 of 1993 as (amended), the Governing Council has invited applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive and the Academic Head of the University. He/she is the Chairman of the Senate, Congregation and member of the Governing Council.
The Vice- Chancellor shall among other duties:
- Promote, research, teaching, and high standard of academic excellence,
- Be responsible to council for the maintenance of peace, law, and order in the University.
- Be competent at all times to advice Council on all matters affecting the policy, finance and administration of the University;
- Regulate the admission of students, subject to the guide lines and procedure approved by the Senate and other Statutory bodies;
- Be responsible for staff and students discipline and welfare in the University.
- Applicants for the position of Vice-Chancellor, Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo (FUNAI) must be distinguished scholars with outstanding academic and administrative records. He/she must be a proven manager of human and material resources, specifically.
- The person must be a full professor or normally, not less than seven (7) years standing with the ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for the University.
- The candidate is expected to have held academic and administrative positions to prepare him/her for the position of the Vice-Chancellor.
- Should have a good understanding of the vision and mission of the University.
- Should possess strong academic standing as evidenced by publications in 1st Class Academic journals and books;
- Be able to attract research grants and complimentary funds from local and international agencies, and further uplift the academic status of the University.
- Possess personal integrity in the management of funds and be able to deploy financial resources as appropriate in the context of the University's strategic plan;
- Demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills and possess the ability to build bridges between staff, students and members of the University Community and stake holders;
- Have demonstrable abilities to establish and maintain partnerships with local, international, government and non-governmental agencies and organizations; .
- Be an individual who, judging from his/her track records, is likely to command the respect as well as the loyalty of members of staff and University Community;
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to attract, motivate and retain highly skilled and talented staff (teaching and non-teaching);
- Be able to exhibit entrepreneurial drive and ability to attract extra statutory funds and mobilize other resources for the development of the University;
- Have excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Should be in position to ensure the enforcement of the University's laws and regulations;
- Be information and technology proficient and be committed to the development of ICT into the University programmes and services;
- Must be of excellent physical and mental health;
- Must not be above 60 years of age by February 2016 when the position is scheduled to be occupied;
- The Vice Chancellor shall hold the office for a single term of five (5) years.
The remuneration of and condition of service for the post of Vice-Chancellor are as applicable in all Federal Universities in Nigeria and as determined by the Government.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit Fifteen copies (15) of their Application letters and Curriculum Vitae with the documents below in an envelope addressed to:
Federal University Ndufu-Alike,
The post applied for must be clearly written at the top right hand of the envelope. A one page of candidate's vision statement for the University during his/her tenure if appointed should be attached to the application. The application must include academic and professional qualifications, birth certificate or declaration of age, list of publications, verifiable evidence of work experience and curriculum vitae that includes the following among other information:
- Full name (Surname, first name , middle name)
- Post applied for
- Place and State of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Correspondence address if different from (permanent address)
- Mobile phone number
- Email Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children (if any)
- Educational institution attended with dates
- Academic Qualifications obtained with dates
- Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Work experiences including full details
- Community service(s) rendered /(including dates and locations)
- Full details of teaching and research experience
- List of publications and dates where applicable
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Names and addresses of three Referees one of whom must be from the last or current place of employment
Note: All referees should be asked to send their independent reports to the Registrar with full details of the applicant and the post applied for, not later than the closing date stated above.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale