Our client is venturing into the business of providing Liquified Natural Gas (LNG) and Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Solutions and is thus, setting-up shop to build a market share in the emerging market of LNG/CNG Logistics, particularly in the supply of gas feedstock to off-grid electricity power plants in Nigeria.
Our client’s strategic plan would entail the initial roll-out of the LNG model, which would encompass the build-out of a Liquefaction plant at a site close to a gas processing facility and a corresponding Regasification Plant at the customer end. The LNG will be trucked via specialised LNG trucks; from the liquefaction plant, to the regasification plan. This model will be followed closely with the roll-out of a CNG model. The CNG model will entail the establishment of a Compression unit at the gas processing facility and a corresponding Decompression unit(s) at the customer end. The CNG model will address our client’s gas customer needs, within closer proximity to the gas processing plant.
Our client also plans to extend the supply of gas products in the near future through the building a gas processing plant which would also serve as a feedstock for their LNG & CNG Plants.
The General Manager, CNG Solutions will lead and drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets.
The position reports to Director – Finance & Investment Strategies, CNG Solutions, with dotted line reporting to the Managing Director - Gas.
- Ensure successful delivery of projects in accordance to contractual obligations and Company standards.
- Mange relationships (client satisfaction) and coordinate daily activities of project team members to ensure greater productivity /delivery of quality output.
- Manage project risks (escalate appropriately) and project financials in accordance to pre-defined budgets.
- Understand and translate client needs into implementable business solutions to enable long-term success and business integration.
- Shape and lead innovative and pragmatic programs that translate results from business diagnosis and planning into transformation solutions
- Drive initiatives geared primary towards building requisite skills (self and others) to enhance ability to serve relevant market-segments.
- Lead industry /client analysis to generate business insights and identify value creation opportunities (based on assessment activities and understanding of strategic directions; business issues / performance gaps and need) for clients
- Generate and / or support new business opportunities primarily across priority / focus areas (developing client value propositions; leading bid teams, etc.)
- Partner with clients to make bold decisions on priority C-Suite issues.
- Generate and/or support new business opportunities or expand relationships with key individuals and accounts.
- Reduce and/or minimize costs and mitigate risks to tasks, activities or projects.
- Deliver and sustain high quality work products and processes
- Manage project budgets, resources and complex planning requirements
- A good university degree in Engineering/Science. Master’s degree in business or Finance and professional certifications will be desirable.
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience in oil and gas, pipeline engineering, heavy equipment or project management.
- Previous experience in the LNG or CNG space will be an advantage, but not a pre-requisite.
- The ideal candidate must possess is a high commercial and contractual awareness, strong client liaison and negotiations and proven project management and team leadership skills.
- Extensive contacts/relationships with gas, exploration and production companies’ managers and officers will be useful.
- Ability to prepare standard tenders and bid for the oil and gas industry and
- demonstrate good understanding of contracts and contracting will be an advantage, but not a pre-requisite. Ability to interpret legal documents/agreements will also be desirable.
- Must be collaborative, self-motivated, and display high mental agility.
- Excellent technical and communication skills with a strong emphasis on teamwork.
- Well-developed oral, written communications and report writing skills.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Excellent IT skills
- Lots of initiative
- Great organisational skills
- Good conceptual and ideas-generation and planning skills
- Confident decision-making ability
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work within budgets and deadlines
- A comprehensive knowledge of relevant legal regulations
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward CV's to email@example.com Only qualified candidates will be contacted.