Malaria No More is a nonprofit organization that aims to end death caused by malaria in Africa by 2015. Malaria No More is known for its participation in the Idol Gives Back charity specials.
The Advocacy Associate, based in Washington, D.C. directly supports the day-to-day operations and work of the Policy and Advocacy Team. The Advocacy Associate will perform various tasks as needed by the policy and advocacy team including, but not limited to, research on malaria in targeted regions, logistical support for travel, assistance with expenses, and other special projects. This is an excellent opportunity to develop administrative skills while gaining a comprehensive understanding of the nonprofit sector.
This position requires a highly motivated individual with the ability to work in a fast paced environment, great attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and a high level of professional administration and communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the policy and advocacy team in planning, directing, managing and coordinating day-to-day operations
• Perform administrative duties including responding to inquiries from Congress and the Administration, composing routine correspondence, processing and distributing all incoming mail, managing expense reporting and travel arrangements
• Engage in research and writing projects, assist in drafting and editing briefs, concept notes and other advocacy documents
• Manage office equipment (computers, phones, copier, water machine, etc.)
• Keep track of and order office supplies
• Maintain staff schedule and manage monthly calendar of advocacy activities
• Perform other related duties as requested or as responsibilities dictate
• Bachelor's degree
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and spoken
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to prioritize and handle simultaneous assignments while adapting to changing deadlines and priorities with success and accuracy
• Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills
• 2 years work experience in a professional environment
• Salary commensurate with experience
Malaria No More is seeking an experienced Director of African Advocacy and Programs to oversee our work in Africa. Aligned with the organization’s core mission and focus internationally, Malaria No More is working to increase political will and domestic funding to help eliminate malaria on the continent by 2040. Malaria No More’s approach is multisectoral, prioritizing sophisticated country-level and regional political, diplomatic, and private sector engagement, press strategies, partnerships with leading media outlets and spokespeople, coordinated with regional and local health partners to fill gaps and reinforce political will to end malaria.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Evolve MNM’s advocacy strategy in Africa to drive increased domestic and regional funding for malaria, with particular emphasis on focus countries (Nigeria, Cameroon, and Kenya at present, and begin to develop strategy for expansion to new geographies on the continent)
• Cultivate strong relationships and partnerships with senior government officials, as well as advocacy and health partners (including the Global Fund, African Leaders Malaria Alliance, U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative, and Clinton Health Access Initiative)
• Oversee current private sector partnerships to finance core programming and leverage new investments and partnerships for advocacy
• Manage an African advocacy team, as well as country-focused teams in 3-4 countries who are conducting media, advocacy, program implementation, and technical assistance
• Coordinate with US and international advocacy teams (including MNM affiliates in the UK and Japan) to leverage and unlock mutually-reinforcing opportunities
• Minimum BS/BA degree; advanced degree in a related field preferred; 6+ years experience in a management and strategy role in Africa (may include business, politics/ government or any other relevant industry)
• Track record of success in managing a fast-paced, multi-faced project that requires high levels of collaboration with partners
• High capacity for relationship management, and a strong existing network among relevant sectors
• Demonstrated interest and experience working in health, development, politics/ government or any other related fields
• Strong analytic skills, critical thinking and writing skills
• Hard-working and energetic collaborator who creates trust, demonstrates credibility and
inspires enthusiasm in all internal and external contacts
• Willingness to be a true self-starter and a proven innovator
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment managing several projects
simultaneously, across multiple regions
• Excellent computer skills required, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
• Superior oral and written communications skills in English and French required
• Ideally, this position will be based in Nigeria, but could also be based in Kenya, Tanzania, or other major African country.
• Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
Malaria No More is seeking a Vice President, Resource Development to direct and manage all aspects of private revenue generation in support of the organization’s mission and programs. The Vice President, Resource Development will be charged with maintaining and expanding financial support from individuals, corporations, foundations, associations and other sources. In addition, the position will support strategy and planning as needed for the organization’s efforts to mobilize global resources to the fight against malaria.
The Vice President, Resource Development reports to the CEO and serves on the Senior Leadership Team. The position is full time and will be based in Seattle, WA
This position will be based in: Seattle, WADuties and Responsibilities
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Malaria No More's Career Page