GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry - from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it's The Way We Work. We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability. We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Number: 2174799
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Business: GE Oil & Gas
Business Segment: OG-HQ Headquarters
- The Senior Marketing Manager demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives.
- In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within area of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall strategy.
- Utilizes Gold Standard marketing practices and skills to develop and execute the marketing plan for a GE Oil & Gas in Sub-Saharan Africa. Responsibilities include VOC gathering, Marketing, Blueprint development and collaboration, segmentation, targeting and positioning to align messaging, tactics, commercial channel tools and execution for success
- Employs market research, industry trend analysis, market share and competitive analysis, country assessments, in determining and developing commercial strategy for a product portfolio in SSA region
- Drive adoption of regional marketing strategy with global product and business teams.
- Evaluate and make recommendations to the leadership on disruptive technologies, new trends, and other events.
- Promote and support innovation efforts including the incubation and commercialization of new technologies and business models, and explore new segments and customers.
- Drive functional tools and/or processes for segmentation, value proposition development, and Voice of Customer activities. Support programs to develop differentiation, targeting and positioning strategies to drive growth and segment penetration.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University or College in Engineering, Business, Marketing, or related field.
- 8 years' experience working with the marketing analytics organization (preferred)
- Comfortable to huge data sets, creative in power point presentations
- Very strong on excel dashboards creation
- Broad range of Marketing skills: from strategic marketing (product positioning, Life-Cycle management, future offerings) to commercial marketing (customer activation, distribution models…)
- Influencing skills: ability to motivate individuals and demonstrate organizational influence across all level of the organization
- Clear communicator: able to translate complex situations into easy-to-understand elements, strong oral and written communication skills
- Change management: proven record of assessing the need for change, developing and implementing change
- Innovative: develop new ideas through collaboration and execute on creative ideas
- Previous experience in Marketing or Market Development preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to think expansively, innovatively and laterally in a global, complex environment.
- Integrity: accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
- Clear thinker with an ability to focus on the "critical few" issue/priorities. Able to communicate messages clearly and concisely. Ability to translate strategy into business objectives.
- Able to build a connection to key stakeholders and establish credibility quickly
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- MBA or Master's degree in Marketing
- Graduate of ECLP, CLS or other GE leadership program
- Previous experience in Oil & Gas (Upstream, Midstream, Downstream) strategic marketing
- Effective presentation and story boarding skills with exposure to executive level presentations
- Exhibits high degree of pro-activeness in analyzing customer behavior to influence change in the direct marketing strategy
- Should be able to understand the business context and design user friendly front ends
- Strong attitude to create and build new efficient systems and processes involving data
- Work in a global fast paced rapidly changing environment
- Proactive solution provider with fast implementation capabilities
Method of Application
If you are interested and qualified, visit GE's career website to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.