The role of the Capital Markets and Financial Operations Division (FTRY.1) is to: (1) Raise cost effective resources from the capital markets; (2) Contribute to the Capital Increases process and administer the subscriptions of shareholders to the capital of the African Development Bank (ADB); and (3) Contribute to the ADF replenishment negotiations and administer the subscriptions of donors to the African Development Fund (ADF) and Multilateral Debt Relief Initiative.
Under the general supervision of the Division Manager, FTRY.1, the incumbent will carry out the following functions, namely:
Implementation of the borrowing program and management of liability
- Monitor bond markets through various information sources including Bloomberg;
- Identify and develop strategies for relevant products or markets;
- Contribute to all stages of the borrowing process;
- Prepare the annual borrowing program;
- Manage relationships with banks and maintain constant flow of discussions on bond markets developments and a proactive and comprehensive coverage across markets and instruments;
- Draft, negotiate and finalize the technical documents required to launch new bond issues;
- Source, analyse, price, negotiate and execute borrowing, derivatives, buyback trades and other liability management transactions;
- Participate in the investors relations program to deepen and widen the Bank’s investor base, updating them on the Bank’s credit story;
- Update the Bank’s borrowing documentation including the GDIF (Global Debt Issuance Facility) and GIS (Global Information Statement).
Administer resources and subscriptions of the ADB, ADF and Multilateral Debt Relief Initiative (MDRI)
- Provide advice to the Manager on issues related to the administration of subscriptions;
- Draft and prepare technical papers;
- Review and control documents related to the implementation of the ADB, ADF resolutions and MDRI;
- Advise shareholders and internal parties on key issues related to their subscriptions;
- Implement the relevant resolutions of capital increases, ADF replenishments and MDRI;
- Work on the improvement / establishment of automated systems for the management of subscriptions and contributions;
- Administrative management of subscriptions, contributions, payments and encashments;
- Prepare the voting powers;
- Prepare financial notes, briefs and status reports.
Participate in the Bank’s credit rating review process
- Contribute to the annual rating review process with Credit Rating Agencies;
- Participate in the review of the Bank’s financial policies;
- Provide advice to the Manager on issues pertaining to financial policies;
- Prepare the Bank’s Financial Presentation booklet;
- Prepare the administrative hedge of the Bank’s capital.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of a Master's degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics or related quantitative discipline;
- A minimum of five years (5) of relevant professional experience in international Capital Markets, fixed income markets;
- Very strong working knowledge of derivative products;
- Ability to write clear, convincing and well-structured business documents and reports;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of financial instruments, particularly bonds, derivatives, structured products, and risk management concepts;
- Ability to work effectively with in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to cope with multiple demands and competing priorities;
- Ability to bring together people with complementary skills to ensure a project’s success;
- Ability to take ownership for projects and ensuring that output is of the highest quality and delivered in a timely manner;
- Command of standard computer software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, Summit/Numerix would be an advantage;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and / or French with a good working knowledge of the other language.
Method of Application
To apply for this vacancy, AfDB's career website
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.