UB International (UBI) is part of United Biscuits, a UK based biscuit manufacturer with revenue of £1.1 Billion in 2014. UBI covers more than 100 markets across the world and accounts for circa 20% of UB Group revenue. UBI is the growth engine of the company driven by the developing markets.
To further accelerate UBI's growth, Nigeria has been identified as a key growth market, where UB’s products have great fit and potential. An investment in A&P Foods, a sizeable Nigerian Biscuits and Confectionary manufacturer, was been made by UBI in 2014.
A&P is one of the fastest growing Nigerian FMCG companies, manufacturing biscuit and confectionery with a renowned brand name for over last 10 years.
A&P Foods manufactures products in two factories, both located in Lagos. Its products are distributed and sold across Nigeria through retail and wholesale channels. As well as developing A&P Foods existing business, UBI’s commercial plan includes the development of new biscuit products to be launched under the McVities brand to the Nigerian and neighboring markets.
As a result of an internal move, the company is looking for a dynamic finance director to lead the company’s finance function through the company’s next period of growth. The role assumes responsibility for all aspects of financial reporting and planning activity, asset management, tax, treasury and other regulatory compliance (including IFRS) and drive continuous improvement in all these areas to meet the changing needs of the business.
The role requires strong leadership and change management skills, and will require strong coordination with internal / external teams (commercial, marketing, supply chain and group) to ensure complete and aligned planning outputs delivered on time efficiently and accurately.
The role holder will be required to provide clarity of business direction to key stakeholders to facilitate sound decision making. It will also provide strong financial support, challenge and analysis for all business initiatives including marketing investment.
The role reports into the Managing Director A&P Foods with a strong dotted line into the group International Finance Director for UBI.
Main activities and responsibilities:
- Assume strategic leadership of the entire A&P finance function
- Lead planning process, manage short/ long term plans, annual budget and monthly reporting of management accounts according to the group policies
- Maintain strong links with group finance on all activities
- Interface with the auditors, tax authorities, banks and regulatory agencies
- Provide finance insight to the local Board
- Robust financial challenge into key business investment decisions
- Ensuring proper accounting records are maintained aligned with the international financial reporting standards as modified from time to time.
- Maintains Professional Development, remains abreast of relevant accounting issues & financial policy and standards.
- Plan, implement and manage group CAPEX and OPEX budget and cash flow forecast.
- Qualified Accountant / FCA / FCMA with minimum of 12 to 15 years’ experience in a manufacturing organization using ERP.
- Exposure to IFRS essential
- Must be in a senior managerial role.
- High level of Interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer Proficiency with Medium Level on IT knowledge
- You must have storng experience within Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG sectore) to be considered for this role