Association of Religious Leaders Living With or Personally Affected by HIV/AIDS [NINERELA+] is an interfaith network working with other national stakeholders and coalitions to achieve the set goals within the National HIV response. Pursuant to NINERELA+ mission, its seek the services of experienced and committed officers with experience in the HIV and AIDs programming to work as a team supporting the network activities at the national secretariat:
About the Job
The Finance Officer is primarily responsible for the sound and efficient functioning of the financial systems and procedures at the NINERELA+ national secretariat. In addition, the Finance Officer Will advise the National Coordinator and the Programme Team regarding all financial matters (available budgets, activities, etc.) connected to the network activities.
The Finance Officer would also be responsible for developing budgets as well as production of timely monthly and quarterly finance reports.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Ensure compliance with Partners Fund’s financial management requirements.
- Generate and coordinate periodic financial reports, (i.e. monthly/quarterly/annually)
- Ensure that all accounting records are maintained in line with the manual, GAAP and Donors and Partners requirements.
- Follow up on prompt release of funds, once approved.
- Ensure relevant books and records are maintained for all financial transactions for activities under him/her.
- Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation statements for all bank accounts;
- Responsible for issuing receipts, preparing and posting of Payment Vouchers into the relevant systems and maintaining the cash books in accordance with laid down procedures.
- Payment of advances as approved by the National Coordinator as well as ensuring the retirement of such cash advances.
- Ensure timely submission of relevant monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports on activities implemented to all stakeholders.
- Support the programme officers to draw up periodic work plans and budgets
- Ensure prompt preparation and payment of monthly project staff salaries and other related payments.
- Educate staff on the statutory laws and regulations, fiscal policies and changes thereon.
- Engage in other duties as may be assigned by the National Coordinator.
- Maintenance of the Networks staff data, equipment and facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in finance and administration discipline with 2 - 3 years post-qualification experience in an organization working on HIV/AIDs.
- Must be at least a student member of a Professional Accounting body
- Good communication skills
- Resident in the FCT Abuja
- Ready to and capable of working both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and exercise of sound judgment and flexibility to achieve agreed outcomes
- Well developed writing and analytical skills and an ability to express ideas clearly and concisely
- Effective presentation and interpersonal communication skills and ability to develop and maintain effective stakeholder relations
- Ability to contribute to the effectiveness of a team, including supporting others and managing priorities
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and other local dialects.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
Applicant should attach their cover letter and CV as a single document. The subject should be appropriately named the position applying for. All applications must be received 13days after the advertisement. All applications must be sent via e-mail to the contacts below. No surface mails or telephone calls will be entertained.
Applications should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, All documents should be in MS Word format. The closing date for all applications is 5pm Tuesday, October 13, 2015
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.