If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Sahara Group is a leading privately owned Power, Energy, Gas and Infrastructure Conglomerate established in 1996 with operating companies active in the downstream, midstream, upstream, infrastructure and power sectors. Sahara has presence in different locations including Africa, The Caribbean, Asia and Europe.
The Group's strategy is to replicate its successes in Oil and Gas sector in the Energy & Infrastructure sector. To achieve this, Sahara has set out a roadmap for investing in people, processes, strategic acquisitions, principal investments and continuous expansion within, initially, the West African energy & infrastructure space, and then globally.
The Role of the Desktop Support Analyst is to maintain and operate computer systems and/or network. The IT Support team is charged with installing, supporting and maintaining desktop computing systems; planning for and responding to service outages and other problems that may arise.
Other duties may include: End user education and IT Project implementation. To perform the job well, the role holder must demonstrate a blend of technical skills in desktop operating systems technologies, system administration and use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Provide first level technology support and escalate issues to Tier 2 and 3 support when necessary
- Monitor and evaluate data network infrastructure: Switches, routers, data network devices, network links, GSM boosters, PBX, IP telephones and implement changes as required to improve performance
- Monitor and evaluate voice network infrastructure: IP PBX, IP Phones, VoIP gateways, E1 lines and implement changes as required to improve performance
- Interface with 3rd party service providers
- Provide periodic reporting of IT Support operations
- Good Knowledge of windows 2008 Server operating system and Network Infrastructure (Active Directory,Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, File Services, etc.)
- Hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of windows based applications and their interaction with the underlying operating system environment (Registry, System Services, Component application subsystem etc.)
- Dexterity in setting up and managing switches and routers
- Good report writing skills
- Good IT process understanding
- Very good problem solving skills – frequently under various sorts of constraints and stress
Minimum Qualification / Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in the field of Computer Science/Engineering
- 1 – 4 years qualitative experience in technology deployment or support
- Certifications will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skill,
- Ability to work virtually, fluency in English as a contract language.
- Highly analytical,
- Professional conduct,
- Good interpersonal skills
- 2nd and 3rd Tier IT Support team
- 3rd party service providers
- Sahara Group staff
- Other Stakeholders
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Sahara Groups Career Page