At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group - a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Responsible for coordinating physical changes to computer databases; codes, tests, and implements physical database by performing various duties in support of all software used.
- Designs logical and physical databases or reviews description of changes to database design to understand how changes to be made affect physical database (how data is stored in terms of physical characteristics such as location, amount of space and access method.)
- Establishes physical database parameters.
- Codes database descriptions and specify identifiers of database-to-database management system or direct others in coding database descriptions.
- Calculates optimum values for database parameters such as amount of computer memory to be used by database.
- Specifies user access level for each segment of one or more data items such as insert, replace, retrieve, or delete data.
- Specifies which users can access databases and what data can be accessed by user.
- Tests and corrects errors, and refines changes to database.
- Enters codes to create production database.
- Selects and enters codes of utility program to monitor database performance such as distribution of records and amount of available memory.
- Directs programmer/analyst to make changes to database management system.
- Reviews and corrects programs.
- Trains end users in use of software applications.
- Confers with co-workers to determine impact of database changes on other systems and staffing cost for making changes to database.
- Modifies database programs to increase processing performance.
- Communicates with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware and operations problems.
- Provides technical assistance to users
- Installs and tests software upgrades.
- Oversees a Help Desk for users, optimizing customer services
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in Computer Science (or related field) from an accredited university.
- Requires at least Four (4) years of Supervisor/project management experience in setting up of IT and Telecom Infrastructure preferably in a transportation or industrial firm. Total IT experience of not less than four years preferably within the industry or related business.
- Requires special technical knowledge of the techniques and procedures of software and network support for multiple users.
- Must understand installation, configuration and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, networking and accessory equipment.
- Must have extensive understanding of Network applications and usage.
- Must be familiar with applications software to support operations.
- Requires sound understanding of ERP software applications.
- Must have extensive understanding of computer hardware technology, maintenance, and operation.
- Demonstrate an expert level of knowledge and experience in application design, development and implementation of medium to large database projects, data management methodologies, technologies
The opportunity to be part of a high performing team that ensures West Africa Container Terminal Ltd. operate the most efficient, safe and profitable business in the region.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should visit APM Terminal's Career Page