Vacancy in an NGO via Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
Posted on: 30 September, 2015
Deadline: 6 October, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client is a Non-Profit Organization that has been recognized as a pioneer of policy advocacy, education, human rights, women empowerment, disaster relief and betterment of lives of Africans. Their primary objective is to create a platform for its core issues and providing a voice to Nigeria’s people. Due to internal expansion processes, they have decided to hire the services of Grants Program Officer.
Reporting to: The Head of Programs
- Candidates will be part of a highly efficient and motivated team.
- He/she will be responsible for project development, management and implementation.
- The incumbent will identify, define, and develop funding sources to support existing and planned program activities as well as coordinate the development, writing, and submission of grant proposals to third-party entities.
- The position is also responsible for collecting, analyzing and reporting data on the performance of program activities that are funded by third-party public and private sources.
- Ensuring the Program Management Cycle is implemented in program activities
- Management of projects and programs
- Representing the Foundation with external partners
- Developing and responding to public and private grant opportunities.
- Creating and maintaining monitoring and evaluation plans for projects and programs
- Generating proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations
- Design and preparation of fund-raising proposals and grants application
- Webinar Meetings of active and potential funders, etc
- Conduct research, policy analysis and advocacy on the thematic areas of the Foundation
- Facilitate grants ‘kick off’ meetings
- Preparation of reports to donor agencies and report for MMF Annual report
- Organize events, conferences, workshops and seminars based on agreed outlook and scope.
- Ensure timely completion of training programs according to work plan
- Network with other organizations involving in both internal and external as identified
- Undertaking capacity building in the team
- Writing reports according to established schedule and donor requirements
- Developing communication material (newsletters, annual reports, etc.) for distribution to donors and other stakeholders
- Creating and editing website content
- Developing the annual strategy with the Chief Executive Officer and Management
- Developing a fundraising strategy for the organization
- Conducting mapping of institutional donors and foundations (EU, UN, USAID, DFID, etc), highlighting common priorities
- Investigating and spearheading new avenues for individual support and/or donations
- Developing a donor management tool where reports and history of donors can be easily tracked
- Analytical - synthesizes complex or diverse information, collects and researches data, uses intuition and experience to complete tasks, designs work flows and procedures
- Design - Generates creative solutions, translates concepts and information into images, demonstrates attention to detail
- Problem solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, works well in group problem solving situations
- Technical Skills - Assess own strengths and weaknesses, pursues training and development opportunities, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, shares expertise with others
- Teamwork - balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Job Vacancies at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- NTD Program Officer at Helen Keller International (HKI)
- Latest Vacancies at the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Assistant Project Manager at COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale
- Technical Officer (Monitoring & Evaluation, Epidemic Control) at FHI 360
- Risk Education Facilitator at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Latest Jobs at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- WASH Consultant at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)