Vacancy in a Non-Banking Financial Institution via Fosad
Posted on: 29 September, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Fosad Consulting
Fosad Consulting Ltd is a business support services firm with offerings in Human Resource Management, Immigrations and Real Estate Consulting. We leverage our expertise and strategic alliances to support businesses. Our proposition is based on a deep understanding of the drivers of high performing businesses and the required business solutions that supports it. We work with clients to support their non-core business tasks to strategically position them for business success.
Our client, a non-banking financial institution is looking to recruit an Underwriting Officer who will among other things be responsible for studying insurance proposals and ensuring all risk documents are accurate.
- gathering and assessing background information in order to effectively assess the risk involved;
- calculating possible risk and deciding how much individuals or organisations should pay for insurance (the premium);
- deciding whether the risk should be shared with a reinsurer;
- computing results for appropriate premiums using actuarial information, other statistics and own judgement;
- visiting brokers or potential customers and preparing quotes;
- liaising with specialists, such as surveyors or doctors, for risk assessment;
- gathering information and various types of reports (e.g. medical records) from specialists;
- negotiating terms with policyholders or their brokers;
- ensuring that premiums are competitive;
- specifying conditions to be imposed on different types of policies, for example, asking that a property owner install a security alarm;
- negotiating with brokers and drawing up contracts;
- writing policies;
- keeping detailed and accurate records of policies underwritten and decisions made.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any social science field
- Professional Certification in Insurance
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in Underwriting
• Excellent Communication skills • Advanced Financial Analysis• Advanced Analytical Skills • Advanced IT skills • Expert Business Writing • Advanced Negotiation Skills • Expert Presentation skills• Expert Relationship Management • Communication in spoken and written english
The role is open to candidates residing in Abuja or are willing to relocate.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit Fosad's website on SmartRecruiters
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Fosad ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Senior Executive Assistant to the Senior Partner at WFO Roedl & Partner
- Jobs at Verite Microfinance Bank Ltd
- Graduate Marketing Executives at Hedgeworth Microfinance Bank
- Head, Account at SYOJ Consulting & Management Services
- Job Vacancies at Accion Microfinance Bank
- Graduate Marketing Executives at a Leading Commercial Bank - Phillips Outsourcing Services
- Latest Vacancies at African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Ernst & Young (EY) Recruitment for Staffing Coordinator (RETAIN)