Fosad Consulting Ltd is a business support services firm with offerings in Human Resource Management, Immigrations and Real Estate Consulting. We leverage our expertise and strategic alliances to support businesses. Our proposition is based on a deep understanding of the drivers of high performing businesses and the required business solutions that supports it. We work with clients to support their non-core business tasks to strategically position them for business success.
Our client, a non-banking financial institution is looking to recruit an Underwriting Officer who will among other things be responsible for studying insurance proposals and ensuring all risk documents are accurate.
- gathering and assessing background information in order to effectively assess the risk involved;
- calculating possible risk and deciding how much individuals or organisations should pay for insurance (the premium);
- deciding whether the risk should be shared with a reinsurer;
- computing results for appropriate premiums using actuarial information, other statistics and own judgement;
- visiting brokers or potential customers and preparing quotes;
- liaising with specialists, such as surveyors or doctors, for risk assessment;
- gathering information and various types of reports (e.g. medical records) from specialists;
- negotiating terms with policyholders or their brokers;
- ensuring that premiums are competitive;
- specifying conditions to be imposed on different types of policies, for example, asking that a property owner install a security alarm;
- negotiating with brokers and drawing up contracts;
- writing policies;
- keeping detailed and accurate records of policies underwritten and decisions made.
Bachelor’s Degree in any social science field
Professional Certification in Insurance
A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in Underwriting
• Excellent Communication skills • Advanced Financial Analysis• Advanced Analytical Skills • Advanced IT skills • Expert Business Writing • Advanced Negotiation Skills • Expert Presentation skills• Expert Relationship Management • Communication in spoken and written english
The role is open to candidates residing in Abuja or are willing to relocate.
go to method of application »
Our client, is a key player in the telecoms industry, providing best-in- class network and Power Solution services and maintains end-to-end network infrastructure for telecommunications and Energy firms. Due to expansion of service, they are currently in need of a Chief Technical Officer.
The Chief Technical Officer is responsible for managing the technical processes, software and hardware installations and upgrades and ensures the safety of its networks. He manages his team along with using his technical skills to provide the necessary environment for project success.
- Identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
- Participate as a member of the senior management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization’s resources are used responsibly, particularly in the areas of software development, office networks and computers, power and telecommunications.
- Proficient in handling the most complex of technical development concepts, latest software tools and technologies, strong database concepts and designing techniques.
- Establish and supervise the technical development process, setting short-term objectives and assessing progress as defined by the selected technical development methodology.
- Establish and supervise a quality assurance process, including integration and system testing.
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization’s investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
- Ensure the company’s internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with community expectations and applicable laws and regulations for privacy, security, and social responsibility.
- Able to make quick decisions and solve technical problems to provide an efficient environment for project implementation
- Able to guide the team through the development, testing and implementation stages and review the completed work effectively
- Train technical support team and others as necessary in new products and revisions when required and serve as a technical mentor to team members.
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- B.Sc in Computer Engineering, Computer science or other related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ working experience in a Telecom or Energy firm
- Understanding of both sectors would be an added advantage
- Proven leadership ability.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to envision web-based services that meet consumer needs or solve business problems
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit Fosad's website on SmartRecruiters