Our Client - the President of an NGO and Partner of a Law Firm is looking to hire a result-oriented and self-motivated:
Reporting to the President, the Executive Assistant will serve as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts, and oversees special projects.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the President’s schedule is followed and respected.
- Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the President's time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the President, with Board members, donors, Foundation staff, and others, on matters related to President's programmatic initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the Presidentto keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the NGO, and manages a variety of special projects for the President, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the President's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
BOARD SUPPORT AND LIAISON
- Serves as the President's administrative liaison to NGO's board of directors
- Assists with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
SENIOR MANAGEMENT LIAISON
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings
- Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans
COMMUNICATIONS, PARTNERSHIPS, AND OUTREACH
- Ensures that the President's bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the President and the organization in general
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders
- Works with the Strategic Initiatives team in coordinating the President's outreach activities
- Follows up on contacts made by the President and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships
- Edits all, and creates acknowledgement letters from the President to donors
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master's Degree required
- Strong work tenure: 5 to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising Expert MS Office proficiency, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint (with high technical ability) Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Bradfield's Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale