If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Our client is a leading private educational institution with a Group of Schools established a reputation of delivering the highest standard in education in Nigeria and Africa through quality all-round education, from kindergarten to tertiary level.
The headteacher will be responsible for providing dynamic and professional leadership for the school that builds upon a change to secure its continued success and improvement, ensuring high quality education for all its students and improved standards of achievement.
STRATEGIC DIRECTION AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE SCHOOL
- Provide inspiring and purposeful leadership for the staff and pupils.
- To work in partnership with the governing body, staff and parents generating the ethos and values which will underpin the school.
- To continue to implement a Development Plan which will secure continuous school improvement
- To monitor and evaluate the performance of the school and respond and report to the governing body as required.
- To ensure that management, finances, organisation and administration of the school supports its vision and aims.
- To ensure that all those involved in the school are committed to its aims, motivated to achieve them, and involved in meeting long, medium and short term objectives and targets which secure the educational success of the school.
TEACHING AND LEARNING
- Continue to maintain an environment that promotes and secures good teaching, effective learning, high standards of achievement and good behaviour.
- Determine, organise, implement and monitor the curriculum and its assessment and ensure that statutory requirements are met.
- Ensure that pupils develop study skills in order to learn more effectively and with increasing independence.
- Determine and implement policies which promote:
- a) Positive strategies for developing good race relations and dealing with racial incidents.
- b) Equality of access.
- Determine and implement positive strategies and programmes which ensure good pupil behaviour and discipline and give support and clear guidance on exclusions
LEADING AND MANAGING STAFF
- Plan, allocate, support and evaluate work undertaken by groups, teams and individuals, ensuring clear delegation of tasks and devolution of responsibilities in a manner consistent with conditions of employment.
- Implement and sustain effective systems for the management of staff performance, incorporating performance management and target setting.
- Promote and monitor the continuing professional development of staff, including the induction of newly qualified teachers.
- Ensure that professional duties are fulfilled, as specified in the Terms and Conditions of Service of teachers, including those of headteacher.
- Participate in the arrangements made in accordance with the regulations for performance management and threshold assessment, and to participate in the identification of areas in which the Headteacher would benefit from further training and undergoing such training.
EFFICIENT AND EFFECTIVE DEPLOYMENT OF STAFF AND RESOURCES
- Work with senior colleagues to recruit and retain staff of the highest quality.
- Make arrangements for the security and effective supervision of the school buildings, their contents and the grounds.
- Set appropriate priorities for expenditure, allocation of funds and effective administration and control.
- Manage, monitor and review the range, quality and use of all available resources in order to improve the quality of education, improve pupils’ achievements, ensure efficiency and secure value for money.
- Continue to develop an organisation in which all the staff recognise that they are accountable for the success of the school.
- Ensure that parents/carers and pupils are well informed about the curriculum, attainment and progress and about the contribution they can make in supporting their child’s learning and achieving the school’s targets for improvement.
- Provide information, objective advice and support to the Governing Body to enable it to meet its responsibilities for securing effective teaching and learning and improved standards of achievement, and for achieving efficiency and value for money.
- Carry out any such duties as may be reasonably required by the Governing Body.
SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN & SAFER RECRUITMENT
- This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people as required and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
The Headteacher should ensure that:
- The policies and procedures adopted by the governing body are fully implemented and followed by all staff.
- Sufficient resources and time are allocated to enable the designated person and other staff to discharge their responsibilities, including taking part in strategy discussions and other inter-agency meetings, and contributing to the assessment of children.
- All staff and volunteers feel able to raise concerns about poor or unsafe practice in regard to children, and such concerns are addressed sensitively and effectively in a timely manner in accordance with agreed whistle blowing practices.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
The prospect must demonstrate:
- Significant teaching experience
- Proven expertise in leading a Core Subject
- Proven record of raising standards and securing good progress through outstanding classroom practice
- Proven experience of managing staff, leadership and team building
- Experience of leading in-service training with staff
- Up to date knowledge of child protection procedures and a commitment to safeguarding pupils
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Candidates should have a minimum of 8 - 10 years experience with a Master's degree in Education Administration, Curriculum Development or Quality Control, some of which should have been in a school leadership position.
- At least 5 years experience in a similar position.
- You should have experience of teaching primary and/or early years learners.
- Interested candidates should have a good understanding of curriculum, including the Nigerian and British Curriculum.
- Experience in a leadership position is a must.
- The Ideal candidate should understand how to implement quality assurance for the school while raising standards of all educational services.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Bradfield's Career Page