If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
CBM is an international Christian development organization, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. CBM works in partnership with local civil society organisations, communities, government and in alliance with international organizations in Africa and the rest of the world
Our Country Office, Abuja, is now inviting applications for the position of:
Contract: 2 years ( with possibility of extension), beginning 1st of January 2016.
- To lead / manage CBM Nigeria country office (CO) programme (projects portfolio), in line with CBM global vision, mission, values and strategy
- The Programme Manager (PM) will support CBM CO to ensure strong project designs, proposal development, project implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- The position will build the capacity of the CO and partners’ project staff in the same areas, as necessary.
- S/he oversees technical/thematic and cross-thematic supports to the projects, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning and resource mobilisation.
- The PM also deputises the Country Representative (CR), from programmatic perspective.
- The Programme Manager will report to the Country Representative.
Design, planning and leading the current project portfolio in strategic programme areas and extension of the current portfolio in ensuring alignment with country strategy:
- Develop and articulate programme/project strategic approaches, partnerships, management/staffing plans, M&E, budgets, multi-year plans, in compliance with CBM and donors requirements
- Prepare/review/finalize new projects/programmes proposals and sustainability of results in line with CBM and donors requirements
- Support the reporting (all types) of partners and colleagues to CO, regional office, donors following the administrative and financial guidelines
- Develop monitoring and evaluation strategy, system, and project-specific M&E plans that meet CBM and donor requirements
- Develop and implement a knowledge-management system
Partnership building and networking:
- Under the direction of CR:
- Negotiate with international and local non-governmental organizations, governments and other relevant stake holders to establish partnerships for existing and future programme development opportunities
- Diversify partnership: identifies new partners to enhance the CBM CO programme
- Develop a strategy to nurture potential and existing/established partnerships
- Support partnership formalization and implementation
Diagnostics Information Gathering:
- Provide analysis of the geopolitical, humanitarian, social, economic, cultural and human rights situation within the country (intervention regions/zones), relevant to all CBM CO’s thematic focus.
- Provide donor analyses and interest in Nigeria, with focus on CBM CO’s topics and areas of interventions.
- Identify relevant key stakeholders and topics
- Search for and share good practices and resources that could enhance CBMs interventions
- Develops and/or supports C8M’s disability-inclusive programming
- Ensures that CO and CBM-supported projects/programmes plan, implement, monitor and report inclusion of women, men and children with disabilities
Administrative and financial oversight:
- In collaboration with the Finance & Administrative Manager:
- Ensures the understanding and respect of CBM administrative and financial framework by partners and colleagues during implementation, monitoring and reporting of the projects, (statistics, project progress report, request for funds, financial statement, Navision)
- Supports the administrative and financial reporting in cooperation with the administrative and financial officer and/or programme administrator
Team Management and capacity building:
- Team management: lead/manage job description updates, key performance objectives (KPO) drafts, work plans and follow-up, delegation and motivation, appraisals of programme team members
- Capacity building and mentoring: capacity building and mentoring of programme team members and project partners in project cycle management (PCM), including project identification and formulation, logical framework, planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, partnership
Communication and Representation:
- Ensure good communication with au partners/counterparts on grant and programme-related issues
- Represents CO at meetings, conferences, and workshops
- Builds local focused relationships with representatives of potential donors (traditional and non-traditional),
- Review of objectives to be in line with donor strategy
- Engages the media to improve the visibility of C8t4 CO’s operations in Nigeria.
- Supports country assessment, risks planning, management and reporting
- Other relevant assigned duties, as necessary
- Fluency in spoken and written English, including public speaking. Fluency in spoken and written French will be an added advantage.
- The future job holder adheres to CBM values and commits to CBM’s Child Protection Policy.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in social sciences/development studies strategic/program management, management studies or other related discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree in similar fields, with extensive working experience in similar or comparable position also acceptable
- Knowledge of disability and/or social inclusion,and Navision or any related programme management software is an added advantage
Relevant Work Experience:
- Seven years professional experience, preferably in social development/inclusion sector at senior management level, of which 5 years with an international development organization
- Development (projects portfolio) management experience and knowledge (PCM, including logical framework;monitoring and evaluation financial and administrative management and human resources management) in NGO context
- Cooperation with civil society/government/donors and private sector knowledge and/or experiences
- Disability and/or social inclusion, project management and knowledge management
- Leading/ managing teams.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit, in English, a meaningful letter of motivation, a CV, copies of diplomas, three professional references and salary expectations quoted in Nigeria Naira to "Human Resources Unit" at: jobs.nigeria@CBM.org