Vacancy at WISCAR (Women In Successful Careers)
Posted on: 24 September, 2015
Deadline: 12 October, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at WISCAR (Women In Successful Caree
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
WISCAR (Women In Successful Careers) - The foundation of WISCAR was inspired by a keenly felt societal need. During her long professional and corporate career the founder, Mrs Amina Oyagbola, constantly recognised a gaping need for an institutional framework that would provide to professional women inspiration, motivation, guidance and support to help them better navigate their different career pathways.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- Women in Successful Careers (WISCAR) is seeking to appoint a visionary and committed Executive Secretary who will serve as a key brand icon for WISCAR, drive and expand the Mentoring Programme, ensure sustainable funding and ensure compliance with statutory laws.
- The Executive Secretary will report to the Governing Board/Advisory Board at the WISCAR Mentoring Centre.
- WISCAR has instituted a high level career and mentoring network for entry/mid-career level professional women to aid progression and help them achieve their career aspirations; and also influence the institution of gender friendly policies in organizations, with a mission to develop women to build a better nation.
- Beyond this group of specially trained and nurtured WISCAR mentees, WISCAR has assisted and helped to develop over 4000 young women who have participated in and been impacted by its high-quality training programs and events put together by the WISCAR School of Excellence as well as its various seminars, workshops, discussion groups, fundraising and networking events.
- Candidates for the role will be deeply committed to providing support for the development of WISCAR’s corporate strategy and foster appropriate relationships with key stakeholders in line with the WISCAR vision and mission, working with WISCAR’s personnel to ensure that major initiatives of WISCAR reinforce and promote its value and identity.
In particular, the Executive Secretary needs to demonstrate:
- Leadership ability
- Problem solving and creativity skills
- Business Development(Fund Raising),Stakeholder Management, Administrative and organizational skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Confidentiality, independence and team work
- Good first degree in relevant field of study
- The successful candidate will need to supervise and co-ordinate the management of WISCAR’s day-to-day operations within the guidelines established by the Governance Board,
- Ensure that the working capital and funding needs of WISCAR are adequately addressed in support of its strategic imperatives and general operations/activities,
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of strategic plans, operational reports, Agenda’s and Minute’s rendition for Board Meetings and Board Committees and Ensure the continuous development, review and assessment of the effectiveness and efficiency of WISCAR’s policies, procedures and processes and identify improvement opportunities in line with best practices.
- Efficiently manage operating expenditures and transactions in line with approved budget.
- Take a lead role in exploring community collaborations, partnerships and support for the WISCAR Mentoring Programme.
- Ensure that the Mentors receive adequate training and guidance to perform their role.
- Carry out research aimed at improving WISCAR’s operations in line with international best practice.
- Facilitate onboarding/induction and manage and monitor the relationship between Mentors and Mentees.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Governing Board.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should send their CV's to: email@example.com with position as subject of email.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about WISCAR (Women In Successful Careers)Similar Jobs
- Job Vacancies at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Job Opportunities at Médecins du Monde
- Job Vacancies at The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Helen Keller International
- Deputy Regional Nutrition and Health Coordinator at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International (Re-advertised)
- Senior Research Associate at the Center for Public Policy Alternatives (CPPA)
- Supply Chain Officer at Save the Children Nigeria
- Project Administrator at INTERSOS Nigeria