New Job Offer at Etisalat Nigeria
Posted on: 22 September, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at 9Mobile
Etisalat Nigeria commenced commercial operations on 23 October 2008 with a promise to deliver innovative and quality services in Nigeria. Since then, we have continued to deliver the best possible experience at the most affordable price to our subscribers.
This commitment has led to the growth of our active subscriber base to over 21 million in just six years. Today, Etisalat has network coverage in all 36 states of the federation including Abuja, the federal capital territory as we continue to build our network and expand to new locations.
Ensure all core network circuit switching system requirements are properly implemented to support Etisalat drive in achieving the desired subscriber base
- Ensure the timely provisioning of the circuit switching network capacity for all the GSM elements, features, protocols etc
- Provide useful inputs in defining the locations for circuit switches and other network elements
- Support the planning and dimensioning of circuit switching network elements to ensure optimal use and deployment of resources
- Assist in defining the requirements for capacity planning and management of services on the Prepaid and Intelligent Network
- Conduct research into areas related to circuit switching network design and performance, such as new types of hardware, new design methodologies, impact of new technologies (GPRS, EDGE).
- Liaise with technical team and other stakeholders with dependencies to ensure new technologies and designs are properly implemented
- Provide necessary inputs and support on all roaming issues
- Identify, facilitate and coordinate the technical requirements involved in implementing National and International Interconnectivity between Etisalat and other Operators.
- Take complete responsibility for the timely delivery of all related projects assigned
- Generate Work Orders for CS Core customer projects and deliver according to timeline and acceptable quality.
- Engage multi-level stakeholders and vendors in realizing departmental and company goals
- Endure that all regular reports (activities, weekly, monthly etc.) are available as at when due.
- Interface with respective internal Etisalat Transmission, Finance, Marketing, Regulatory, Revenue Assurance and NMC stakeholders, involved with CS core project with external networks.
- Perform any other duties or responsibilities as assigned by Manager, CS Core
- First degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Three(3) to Five(5) years relevant work experience
- End-to-End knowledge of GSM networks
- Knowledge of performance matrices (KPIs) for world class networks
- Knowledge of GSM Network design, performance management and configuration tools and solutions
- Knowledge of future generation technologies - 2.5G (GPRS, EDGE), 3G (WCDMA, CDMA2000, LTE etc.) and other competing technologies
- Knowledge of good dimensioning principles and guidelines
- Knowledge of Roaming Traffic flow
- Project management
- Vendor management
- Knowledge of MS Excel
- Network planning modelling tools, spreadsheet design, and statistical analysis
- Signalling systems - C7, INAP, CAMEL etc.
- Traffic planning
- Systems thinking - the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking)
- Ensure optimisation of resources
- Tenacity and can do attitude are essential
- Sound judgment on network issues
- Proactive thinking and action is required
- Relationship Management
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Etisalat's Career Page
Note: Click or search jobs by date. Choose a suitable timeframe e.g. Last 7 Days and then click on Search.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about 9MobileSimilar Jobs
- Wincor Engineers at Ark Technologies Limited
- RAN Support Engineer at Airtel Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at MTN Nigeria
- Operations Manager (VAS) at a Mobile Solutions Company - eRecruiter Nigeria Limited
- Help Desk Officer at AppZone Limited
- Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) Incubator Program
- Data Services Analyst (Nigeria) at Asoko Insight
- Western Union Recruiting for AML Compliance Officers