International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance. IMC has been operating in Nigeria since November 2013, implementing WASH projects, building the capacity of local health system and communities and ensuring the provision of quality, accessible Nutrition and Health Care for Children under five years of age.
IMC is therefore looking for suitable Candidates to fill the position of Finance Officer in Borno.
Finance Officer provides day-to-day financial support on one or more active awards/grants, including the processing transactions, adhere to donor regulations and IMC policies and procedures, reporting, and assisting in financial analysis.
- Accounting and Finance Support to the state office in Maiduguri, Borno State
- Assist other departments with day-to-day accounting operations and financial support in accordance with donor regulations and IMC internal policies and procedures
- Ensure required pre-approvals are secured in advance of incurring expenses
- Maintain accurate historical financial information for active and closed awards in line with IMC and donor requirements
- Prepare financial reports to aid in tracking and reconciliation of transactions
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reports for review of Finance Manager
- Prepare state office cash forecasts and submit fund request to the Finance Manager to ensure funds are available at the right time.
- Build local capacity of sub-grantees at the state level
- Support remittance of relevant statutory payments to host government.
- Interface with service providers on goods and service delivery, invoicing and processing of payments
- Support on administrative procedures at the state office
- Other related assignments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Accounting (B.Sc or HND)
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant financial and administrative experience in a non-profit organization
- Experience in working within computerized accounting systems
- Experience in building capacity of local NGO agencies in Nigeria
- Experience in working within a multi-cultural organisation
- Must be able to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of varied donor financial regulations is an advantage.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organization skills
- Fluency in Hausa language is an additional advantage.
Method of Application
- All applications should be submitted by email to: email@example.com
- All applicants should state the title of the position they are applying for as subject of their email, otherwise application would not be considered
- Deadline for submission is 2nd October, 2015