Jobs in a TSL Limited
Posted on: 3 May, 2012
Deadline: 17 May, 2012
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View Jobs posted same day
Our company Is a major player in the Transport and Logistics sector of the Nigerian economy. Due to the expansion in our operations, there exist the under listed vacancies:
HEAD OF FLEET MAINTENANCE UNIT
Directly Report to: Executive Director
• Coordinates the procurement, management and maintenance of our fleet of vehicles comprising of tankers and fiat beds
• Develop an Annual Business Plan for the company and after approval ensures effective Implementation. Make sure that the key performance indicators as budgeted are maintained or improved upon.
• Provide the strategic leadership, team spirit and the drive to ensure achievement of company objectives across all reporting activities.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop cost control and cost reduction strategies.
• Manage the processes for obtaining damage estimates and the carrying out of repairs
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive preventive adherence program for the company's fleet.
• Provide accurate and timely reporting returns on a quarterly basis including performance to budget, cost factor/indications by vehicle.
• Work with inputs from the first line reporting Managers; prepare consolidated budgets, the Annual Business Plan, Performance Appraisals e.t.c.
• Inaugurate a Performance tracking System which tracks the key performance indicators, vis a vis Individual Performance and Corporate goal.
• Ensure that all reporting systems are objective, accurate and timely.
• Good first degree, an MBA would be an additional advantage
• 10 years in either a large company or conglomerate.
• Latterly in a senior management position.
• The ideal candidate should have a strong character with demonstrated resilience.
• Possess a recognized certificate of professional competence in an appropriate discipline
• Marketing/selling, financial and technical experience in senior management grades.
Skills & Attributes
• Good analytical abilities
• Operations management
• Financial training and awareness
• Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong planning skills
• Organizational abilities
• Strong general management skills
Directly Report to: Head, Finance
• First Degree In Accountancy, Finance, Economics or related discipline
• Masters Degree In related discipline Is an added advantage
• Relevant professional certification e.g. ACA, ACCA.
• Minimum of 7years cognate experience in Finance and Accounting. 3 of which must have been in a supervisory position in a similar company.
• Experience of statutory financial reporting and consolidation
Method of Application
Interested qualified candidates should send their application letters and curriculum vitae to email@example.com within 2 weeks from the date of this publication
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Transport and Logistics Manager at MoveMe.Com.Ng
- Commercial Manager (Expatriate) at a Leading Logistics Service Provider - Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Customer Service Executive at Damco Nigeria
- Job Opportunity at Damco Nigeria
- Accountant at CS Offshore Integrated Services Limited
- Truck Driver at Thasious International Company (Nigeria) Limited
- Job Vacancies at APM Terminals
- Maintenance Engineer at Redline Logistics