Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of international brands across spirits, wine and beer. Our global priority brand portfolio consists of Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Guinness, Baileys, J&B, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and many more.
Diageo trades in approximately 180 markets and employs over 25,000 talented people around the world. With offices in 80 countries, we also have manufacturing facilities across the globe including Great Britain, Ireland, United States, Canada, Spain, Italy, Africa, Latin America, Australia, India and the Caribbean.
Our great range of brands and geographic spread means that people can celebrate with our products at every occasion no matter where they are in the world. This is why 'celebrating life every day, everywhere' is at the core of what we do.
The Diageo Reserve portfolio in Nigeria encompasses some of the finest liquids in existence. With a vast and raging portfolio covering vodka, gin, Scotch & other whiskies, the breadth and diversity of this portfolio gives Diageo a true point of difference. The development and growth of these high NSV brands play an integral role in the sustained growth ambitions of Diageo Africa.
This role, based in Nigeria, plays an integral role in our performance by acting as an ambassador for the Reserve (luxury) portfolio.
The role will work primarily in the 4 & 5 star segments of the Nigerian On trade Channel. While there is no direct people management responsibility, the Reserve Brands Ambassador will work very closely with the Marketing and Sales teams in the On Trade channel, in order to achieve targets.
Accountabilities of Role:
- Develop and implement appropriate sales strategies for each individual account working with the Divisional sales manager/Regional sales manager.
- Achieve targeted profits, volume targets, and customer service levels as outlined and agreed to in the business plans.
- Work along with the Regional sales managers to ensure adequate distribution of the brands.
- Inform the account of all new product launches in a timely manner and work actively towards maximizing product listings in the outlets.
Brand Building activity
- Together with the Marketing Manager and the Sales team, assess the market to identify and action opportunities to present the luxury brand portfolio in the best possible way which would maximise brand strength and sales volume.
- Implement the trade marketing plans for these brands using specific POS material.
- Ensure all activities and events contribute to building brand equity and reinforce the positioning of the brand both within the brand portfolio and in the customer/consumer mind set.
Customer Relationship Management
- Build strong relationships with the Food & Beverage Mangers of the specified accounts.
- Regularly visit customers and key influencers with a clear agenda and desired outcome - to enhance brand awareness, build brand equity, distribution, sales and profitability.
- Be acknowledged in the trade as a leading authority in spirits luxury brands.
- Provide specialist knowledge through regular training on luxury brands regularly to Customers.
- Ensure that his own professional knowledge is continuously updated.
- Collect information for category/ brand performance in the Accounts and analyze the brand movements and complete sales analysis for the brands.
- Identify outlets with growth opportunity and design trade programs to increase share and volumes.
- Work as a spirits consultant to the RSMs as well as to the F&B Manager/ Account.
- Identify development opportunities to build the capability of Diageo Brands Nigeria staff associated with the brand.
- Ensure that all customer activities undertaken are in compliance with the law of the land as well as in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc./HND Degree holder, Commercial qualification ideal/preferable
- 2- 5 years of experience in direct Sales / Food & Beverage Sales preferably in 5 star hotels/ luxury boutique hotels.
- Should be extremely fluent in written and spoken English; knowledge of a Continental language will be advantageous.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of spirits.
- Passion for and identification with luxury brands as a category.
- Ability to be the spokesperson for the luxury brands: should be able to “reflect the luxury
- In-depth understanding of the on-trade customers and industry practices.
Lagos based, may be required to travel in line with business needs
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Diageo's Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.