United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) helps developing countries attract and use aid effectively. In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Project Coordinator anti-corruption, in consultation with TUGAR, the consultant shall perform the following:
- Develop a methodology and workplan in line with TUGAR’s requirements and agreed by UNODC;
- Develop a framework for Pre-Study Analysis and issues identification;
- Develop a framework and processes for Post –Survey analysis and policy Briefs;
- Develop a framework for the TUGAR White Paper Series;
- Conduct research in two areas of TUGAR’s current workplan;
- Submit the two publishable reports from the research undertaken;
- Mentor designated TUGAR Staff to produce a minimum of four policy advisories;
- Develop three publishable policy advisories for TUGAR; and
- Write a final report of all activities undertaken during the consultancy with recommendations.
Payments will only be made upon satisfactory completion of output and acceptance of report of each deliverable. All the outputs should meet the satisfaction of UNODC, as assessed by the Project Coordinator - Support to Anti-corruption in Nigeria project in consultation with the Head, TUGAR, according to the following indicators:
- Adherence to the methodology and workplan agreed with TUGAR and UNODC;
- Quality of the documents produced; and
- Timeliness of delivery.
Individual consultants will be evaluated using the Cumulative Analysis methodology. When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Responsive/compliant/acceptable, and having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation;
- Technical Criteria weight: 70%;
- Financial Criteria weight: 30%.
Only candidates obtaining 70 percent in the technival evaluation will be requested to provide their financial bid.
- Strong writing skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work in a multicultural setting;
- Good knowledge of corruption and anti-corruption efforts in Nigeria.
Required Skills and Experience
- A postgraduate degree in any of the Social Sciences or Law.
- At least 10 years’ experience of research and teaching or mentoring with demonstrable track record of academic and policy publications;
- Previous experience with a Nigerian anti-corruption agency is a strong asset.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit UNDP's Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.