Jumia is the largest e-commerce mall in Africa with over 100,000 unique visitors a day, buying everything from Fashion to Phones.Founded in 2012 in Nigeria, Jumia's mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience.
Jumia is part of Africa Internet Group, a leading global incubator of startups specialised in e-commerce. Africa Internet Group is Africa's leading internet firm, with already over 3,000 employees in over 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia.com,Kaymu.com, Hellofood.com, Lamudi.com, Carmudi.com and Jovago.com. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom and Rocket Internet.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Africa Internet Group steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of marketing and entrepreneurship.
Duties and Responsibility
- Communicate directly with technical teams
- Provide system support and resolve issues for all tools used by various teams
- Aptitude for organization, flexibility and producing results in a fast paced environment.
Qualifications and Requirement
- 2-3 years’ product management experience preferably in retail or consumer internet company
- Technical ability in using SQL, HTML, and Excel, plus the ability to learn in-house tools quickly
- Experience in managing and successfully driving multiple projects
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
- Strong communication skills: experience in coordinating with teams and communicating to management
Skills Candidates Must Possess:
Proven abilities of:
- Customer Focus
- Process Orientation
- Structured analysis skills
- Attention to Details
- Influencing Skills
- Time Management
- Crisis Management
go to method of application »
Head of B2B2C, your job responsibilities would be:
- Own fully the P&L of the B2B2C channels both for GM and fashion
- Develop and manage our team of B2B2C Sales agents (100+ as of now)
- Develop our knowledge and network of retail customers, and learn to actively manage them
- Collaborate closely with the Commercial team into a proper planning conversation to propose the most relevant assortment for the B2B2C channel
- Spearhead geographical expand the offline sales into Nigeria
- Leadership over the team recruitment & expansion exercise
- Set-up and management of the coaching team
- Devising payment and services offerings strategy for the channel
Qualifications and Requirements
- Demonstrated very solid track record in retail sales channel management in Nigeria (At-least 5 years), ideally for a renowned FMCG – can prove and rely upon a solid understanding of retails channels in Nigeria
- Ability to immerse in a very young, fast-paced and energetic environment
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills and strong proficiency with excel
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, as well as sales agents, and is fulfilled by an outdoor – not a behind a desk - job
- Strong drive and unwavering discipline, coupled with a strong sense of team coaching and nurturing
- Regular travels to our top priorities city to be expected
- Self-motivated, delivers quality work and is proactive
- Result driven as this is a high-performance, output environment
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Jumia's Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.