Career Opportunities at Focus Hub Nigeria
Posted on: 16 September, 2015
Deadline: 30 September, 2015
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Focus Hub Nigeria
Focus hub Nigeria is a new technology entrepreneurship and social innovation hub in the Niger Delta, based in Port-Harcourt. We have a mandate to create sustainable business models dedicated to solving development challenges encountered in the Niger Delta.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- The Position will support the work of managers at the hub providing critical support where and when needed all aspects of company growth and development.
- Researching entrepreneurial ecosystems and possible business partners.
- Develop business strategies to achieve proposed targets
- Devise & manage the processes/task lists for the hub and the team.
- Induct new processes as and when relevant
- You will work with startups seeking to rapidly research, ideate, prototype, launch, and scale break-out ideas into high-growth businesses.
- Closely follow global technology developments, identify trends and opportunities for Focus Hub and develop and maintain key partnerships with relevant organizations both abroad and locally.
- Develop funding applications and proposals to corporate funders and to government grant making entities.
- Develop and support the delivery of programs and/or events to promote business development and growth among member startups/ecosystem and the hub itself.
- Cultivate and advise hub/community members in strategic areas that foster development and encourage growth of assigned businesses
- Build relationships with top executives and influencers within the Nigeria technology ecosystem and to leverage these connections to acquire recognition and publicity for the Port Harcourt technology ecosystem.
- Conduct industry research on new policy around ICT4D.
- Regularly review, update and innovate Focus Hub’s value proposition, develop new business/initiatives for implementation, and identify priorities for business environment improvements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Current students or graduates in any of the following degrees can apply. Engineering, Business, Technology, Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related/relevant field. MBA students and/or Masters Degree students or in related/relevant can also apply.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/assignments/responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Interest and ability to communicate with various technical, entrepreneurial, and international visitors
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to quickly and concisely research and collect data from unique places
- Ability to synthesize data and convey information in a meaningful way
- A strong understanding of Windows Based systems and proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Graphics design tools is an added advantage
- Basic knowledge and a passion for technology ecosystem, startup incubation, ICT consulting and research are required.
- Must have an understanding of these Technology verticals (IT, digital economy, creative industries, high-tech, R&D).
- Great exposure and mentoring within a startup & engineering ecosystem is an advantage
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills are required as is an ability to effectively communicate on multiple levels.
- Ability to take initiative and manage a variety of tasks and projects simultaneously is necessary.
- Must be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner on multiple levels. Good writing skills are a necessity. Must have in-depth knowledge of social media management.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and assess complex information; coaching and consulting experience; and an ability to use independent judgment and communicate effectively.
- This will provide a great learning experience and contribute to your personal development
go to method of application »
- You are passionate about Web development, believe that all websites should be responsive out of the box, and know that following coding standards is not optional, it’s required.
- You are a self-starter and not afraid to use Google to find inspiration.
- You enjoy a challenge and are open to different ideas and working in a collaborative environment.
- As a Web developer, you will be responsible for web development projects within the hub.
- You will be part of a team that is dedicated to building and maintaining platforms for business startups.
- You will work with project managers, designers, and other developers to meet business need.
- Develop highly visible responsive websites based upon delivered requirements and design.
- Manage timelines and resource allocation.
- Support best practices in content execution.
- Degree in Computer Science other related fields.
- Working experience in Startup/engineering firm is desirable but not compulsory.
- Less than 28 years of age.
- Based in Port Harcourt.
Who are we looking for?
- 1 or more years of Web development, with a focus on cross browser compatibility and responsive code.
- A full understanding of Web development best practices and security.
- Intermediate PHP and jQuery skills.
- Ability to find your way around MySQL.
- Solid HTML5 and CSS3 skills.
- Experience working with data formats like JSON or XML.
- Ability to keep pace in a dynamic environment.
- Photography and Graphic Design skills are desirable.
go to method of application »
- FocusHub is seeking a highly motivated, creative lawyer with excellent judgment, experience and talent to provide practical and business focused legal advice and contract support.
- You will be required to consider a wide array of complex and often novel legal issues including consumer protection, securities regulation, privacy and data protection, Intellectual Property, corporate and tax issues.
- There will often be issues that have never existed before, and you will need to have the creativity and confidence to tackle ambiguity and craft innovative legal arrangements, with a critical eye towards risk and a deep appreciation of regulatory issues.
- Prior experience with, or familiarity of, and affinity for the Technology, ICT, startup, entrepreneurship and innovation space is preferred. We embrace those who think on their feet, love a challenge and are creative problem solvers.
- Specific duties will include: Structure, draft, negotiate and review commercial and IP-related contracts, including software and content license agreements, development and publishing agreements, partnership agreements, online/mobile advertising agreements and services agreements.
- Review and draft privacy policies, terms of service and end user license agreements, and ensure compliance with such policies and agreements.
- Provide legal counsel to the Hub as needed, including on various intellectual property and privacy related matters.
- Provide training to employees and ensure compliance with privacy, data collection, intellectual property, advertising and other applicable laws and regulations.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with drafting and negotiating commercial and technology-related agreements and transactions.
- Strong business acumen, with the demonstrated ability to balance business needs and legal risks.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and strong negotiation skills.In-depth knowledge of technology and intellectual property as applicable in the country.
- Willing to meet the demands of a dynamic working environment.
- A self-starter mentality with the ability to work well under pressure, thrive working under limited direction, and an attitude that no job is too challenging or too small,an ability and desire to develop expertise in new or unfamiliar areas of law
- Collaborative and team-oriented, but able to work independently with little supervision and minimal administrative support.
Education and Experience
- First Degree in Law, Second Class honours.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience, with technology- and entrepreneurship-related corporate experience preferred.
- Not more than 28 years of age.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume/CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job title as the Subject
NB: This is not a paid internship, however stipend will be provided to cover for transportation and lunch.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Focus Hub NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Commercial Project Manager at Siemens Nigeria
- Information Technology Roles at Proxynet Communications
- Director/Senior Manager at Tejas Networks
- Graduate NYSC Corps Members Recruitment at xPlug Technologies Limited
- Executive Assistant to CEO at InfoHob
- Senior Sales Manager at Tranter IT Infrastructure Services Limited
- Software Developer/Programmer at Orb Solutions
- Hosting Operations Manager at Alfred & Victoria Associates