Back in 1960, the world of Randstad was no more than one old bicycle, two student rooms and 500 Dutch guilders. But Frits Goldschmeding (founder) and Ger Daleboudt had big plans. They believed that the labor market could be different and better - more flexible – and that temporary labor was the means to achieving that. Their dream became a reality. Within ten years, Randstad had established branches in four countries, and has now become one of the most recognized recruitment agencies in the world.
Our Client are seeking to employ a Client Liaison Engineer to be based in Lagos Nigeria. Our client is specialist multidisciplinary environmental, engineering and maritime operations consultancy specialising in West African markets. They have several contracts in Nigeria in the ports and harbours sector.
The work involved is a mixture of: Project Management; Technical input on maritime issues; and Business Development. Our client has a regional headquarters in Lagos, where the representative will be based, although he will be expected to travel throughout our area of operations. He will be expected to interface with all levels of our Clients' establishment, drawing upon the knowledge o f the various experts and individual project managers as required.
The representative will:
* Act as the day to day point of contact between the Clients' senior staff
* Act as the lead in providing technical and administrative support as required to the individual contracts
* Be proactive in anticipating our Clients' needs and requirements
* Be innovative in assisting our Client to overcome challenges whilst maximising opportunities to sustain and grow the business
* Compile project reports, programmes and forecasts
* Track Client invoicing and be the first contact for resolving invoicing queries and payment
* Give input to new work proposals.
* The representative will report directly to the Regional Director (RD) in Lagos.
* The representative will be a graduate with 10+ years' experience.
* He is likely to be professionally qualified or approaching same.
* Civil engineer with maritime infrastructure experience, or project manager in a civil or maritime related field.
* Clients' Representative / Project Management background
* West Africa Experience
* Civil Engineer with Maritime infrastructure engineering or operations background;
* Comfortable with presenting to senior management.
Our advertisements use post-qualification experience/salary levels as a guide. However, we will consider applications from any candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to carry out the role.
We welcome applications from candidates of all ages.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the country where the position is based.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Randstad's Career Page