If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) is a multilateral development finance institution established to contribute to the economic development and social progress of African countries. The AfDB was founded in 1964 and comprises three entities: The African Development Bank, the African Development Fund and the Nigeria Trust Fund.
The Disbursement Registry and Records Assistant is primarily responsible for (i) receiving and registering disbursement applications (ii) determination of the completeness of borrowers’ requests in accordance with the Bank’s policies and procedures, (iii) verification of documentation. Under the supervision of the Disbursement Controller, the Disbursement Registry and Records Assistant works as part of a team responsible for ensuring timely disbursements of proceeds from Bank Group and co-financed projects in accordance with relevant loan and protocol agreements and Bank Group policies.
Duties and responsibilities
- Receive disbursement applications sent to the Bank for payment;
- Provide accurate and efficient data input service in disbursement registry;
- Determine the completeness of the disbursement applications (ensuring complete banking details of the beneficiary, confirm applications signed by duly authorized persons etc.);
- Update disbursement applications in SAP as additional previously missing information becomes available and ensure completeness
- Create link between disbursement applications registered in SAP and electronic disbursement applications stored in the document management system
- Create/maintain borrower, executing agency and supplier master data ensuring accuracy of bank account information;
- Ensure effective transfer of disbursement applications between the registry and disbursement assistants/officers;
- Manage the transfer of disbursement applications (by email) from 22 field offices and ensure prompt transfer to the document management system;
- Ensure the completeness of disbursement applications received and registered in 22 field offices.
- Develop/maintain a filing, archiving and document tracking system
- Develop and maintain electronic filing system for key disbursement documents
- Ensure the completeness, quality and accessibility of documents produced and received in the division;
- Manage the division email box and shared document folders
- Work with system developers to develop new functionality and enhance existing disbursement registration process
- Ensure effective management of the archiving space assigned to the department
- Any other duties reasonably requested by management.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in information systems management.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant practical working experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and competence in the use of other standard software used in the Bank such as SAP, Word, Access and Power Point. A good knowledge of Capture Perfect software and records system software (DARMS- IBM FileNet) will be an advantage.
- Working experience using a centralized data management system in a large and busy archiving environment.
- High level communication and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French, with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Strong analytical skills, with strong numerical ability, and great attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to provide feedback.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit AFDB's Career Page