If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 4000 provides research and technical expertise to governments and businesses in more than 40 countries in the areas of advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as the first scientific organization in and centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI International is implementing the USAID funded Leadership, Advocacy, Empowerment, and Development (LEAD) project in Nigeria, a project aimed at improving governance and service delivery at the local government level. This project ends in June 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- The Finance Assistant is responsible for the day to day accounting function of the Rivers Office.
- She/He will be utilizing the appropriate systems and following proper accounting procedures to disburse, account for, and report usage of funds.
- The Finance Assistant will process staff travel advances, prepare payments to vendors, and manage petty cash.
- She/he also will support financial aspect of grants administration.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the guidance of the State Technical Manager and with input from technical staff prepares monthly Cash Management Requests for financing project activities
- Maintains petty cash and making petty cash payments
- Makes payments to workshop participants (including travel and meals refunds) as designated by the supervisor
- Maintains financial management files for grants and ensures audit trail for all necessary grant documentations for Rivers state Grantees
- Works with the grants management team and PIND accountant to request and process timely advances to grantees
- Ensures timely financial review of Grantees’ liquidations in compliance with RTI financial management policies and PIND financial requirements
- Maintains monthly softcopy and hardcopy files for Grantees’ financial liquidations
- Reviews financial proposals from local NGOs/CBOs, provides input for negotiation of grants budgets
- Monitors all grant expenses in relations to approved Budgets and applicable Policies, provides feedback to grantees and to LEAD grants management team about the findings
- Provides to LEAD grants management team monthly updates on grants implementation financial status
- Provides assistance to technical team in communications with grantees and logistics related to the grants program
- Provides assistance, as requested, to support grants performance and build capacity of local Partners & Grantees
- Fulfills other responsibilities related to finance and grants financial management and administration that may be required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent qualification.
- Partly qualified professional Accountant.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including MS Excel and Word.
- At least 1 year work experience, the experience with grants will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of USAID rules & regulations is preferred.
- High level of integrity.
- A positive attitude to dealing with clients, good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands and to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
- Experience working in the Niger Delta added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter which summarizes how their relevant skills and experience are a match for the position sought and CV in reverse chronological order to: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.