Prestige Assurance Plc was incorporated on the 6th January, 1970 as a Public Company under the name “The New India Assurance Company (Nigeria) Limited” with a nominal share capital of N50,000 divided into 25,000 ordinary shares of N2 each. In 1990, its share nominal value changed to 50k per share. Thereafter in line with the 1997 Indigenization Decree, New India reduced her stake to 40% while local shareholdings rose to 60%. Demonstrating her interest and commitment to intensifying her continued presence in Nigeria, The New India Assurance Company Limited in 2003 increased her shareholding to 51% with the balance 49% held by Nigerian Shareholders till date.
We require the services of successful, versatile and highly experienced persons for the position of Branch Managers for our Lagos and Abuja branches respectively.
The ideal candidates must possess a minimum of 7 years cognate experience preferably in the Insurance industry and not more than 45 years in age.
- Degree in Insurance or any other Social Science with a minimum of 2nd Class division.
- Possession of ACIIN is a prerequisite.
- Postgraduate qualification is desirable.
- Good knowledge of Insurance products.
- Proficient in the use of MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Powerpoint.
- Ability to generate desired reports independently.
- Excellent communication, presentation, leadership and organizational skills.
- Plan and carry out effective marketing of all the various products of the Company and administrative activities within the agreed budget as set by the Management.
- Effective and efficient day to day running of the Branch Office to achieve company's objectives.
- Developing new businesses, servicing existing accounts and growing customer base.
- Monitor renewals, processes renewal policies and make adjustments to rates and premiums while ensuring customer's retention in line the company's set standard.
- Carry out environmental scanning and take advantage of available business opportunities.
- Determining appropriate premium rates and codes based on the classification assigned in line with the company's objectives.
- Executing strategies to ensure that the target is met and surpassed as well as review and generation of daily marketing reports.
- Assess and give quotation on risks, proposals, broking slips in close liaison with the Head Office.
- Track receivables and ensure prompt premium remittance and timely rendition of Reports to the Head Office in line with NAICOM Directives.
- Providing proper on-the-job training to underwriters and marketers on technical aspects and conceptual underwriting knowledge.
- Advise management on all insurance matters in relation to the Branch as well as any other duties assigned by the management from time to time.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward a copy of their application with detailed CV, using the position and location as the subject within 1 week from the date of this publication to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates shall be invited for interview and successful candidates will be expected to resume duty immediately.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale