Based in Ibadan, the company is a state-of-the-art manufacturer of non-alcoholic drinks and condiments. Member of a major industrial group and backed by ARM PE Fund and IFC, the company aim is to become a centre of excellence and a major player in the food and beverage industry.
Reporting to –and partnering with- the General Manager, this role is responsible for providing overall leadership of the finance team on a day to day basis. The long term goal of the jobholder is to refine the company-wide cost model and increase profitability of the business by, amongst other things, developing and implementing robust accounting, planning and controlling procedures.
Summary of Duties:
- Oversees the overall accounting operations of the company and ensures its tax compliance
- Continuously looks at ways to improve efficiencies in the business to maximise revenue and income
- Conducts detailed and insightful analyses to aid the business growth and/or improve
- Develops analytical tools within the business to help track, measure and optimise performance of teams and individuals
- Runs an effective reporting and planning process, including monitoring and implementation of annual budgets and 5-year rolling forecasts
- Implements and maintains an adequate system of accounting records and controls
- Ensures accounts, records, processes and controls are met
- Supports his/her senior and junior colleagues with business improvement initiatives
- Manages the IT function
Qualifications and Experience:
- Seasoned finance professional with a minimum of 5 years of proven CFO/Finance Director/Head of Finance experience in a reputable business in Nigeria.
- Qualified accountant with a proven track record in the manufacturing sector.
- Demonstrable record of implementing the highest standards of financial control and compliance.
- Possesses the character and drive to be a hands-on manager with a skill-set that combines working with the management team on a day to day basis while being active within a manufacturing environment.
- Proactive with the available financial data with a view of improving the operational efficiency of the business and its bottom line.
- Understands the manufacturing process and has worked cross-functionally in a similar business.
- Ability to challenge and influence the Senior Management Team coupled with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Analytical, able to interpret data swiftly and interested in understanding the business in-depth in order to drive operating efficiencies.
- Works collaboratively as part of a team and comfortable with taking a very hands on role within the operation.
- Experience of working with an ERP system would be advantageous
- This position reports to the GM. and occasionally interfaces with the Board.