StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Critically, we evaluate issues as they impact your business, and consequently deploy the appropriate skills and competencies to proffer the needed solutions.
One of the leading legal practitioners and arbitrators in the Nigerian legal sector is looking to hire a Personal Assistant immediately.
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos (The ideal candidate should preferably reside on the Island i.e. Lagos Island, Lekki, Ajah and immediate locality).
The duties includes clerical, administrative, research and include scheduling travel, arranging meetings, handling information requests, preparing reports and correspondence and liaising with clients. In a nut shell, the role provides an efficient and responsive administrative, organizational, and logistical service to the Managing Partner, helping to manage and prioritize time.
Description of Duties:
- All administrative tasks required for the post.
- Prepare documents, including legal briefs, court papers, spreadsheets and other office-related letters.
- Organize and maintain all legal files kept on-site, also maintain electronic-filing databases.
- Provide the Managing Partner with direct assistance, such as helping with research for cases, gathering necessary documents for trials and submitting paperwork to courthouses.
- Schedule client appointments, answering calls, taking notes during legal meetings and maintaining the firm's legal research references.
- Acts as the first point of contact for the Managing Partner’s Office and guarantees the image of all departments internally and externally.
- Prepares meeting programs as well as organisational aspects and materials.
- Manages and organises administration work in the office.
- Arranges all aspects concerning travel i.e. detailed agendas, schedules, flights, hotel reservations, transfers, visas etc. This also includes visitors from within and outside the Cluster.
- Administers the calendars and meeting schedules together with arranging meeting resources where appropriate.
- Effectively takes minutes of meetings where necessary.
- Develops a clear understanding and knowledge of all applicable company policies / procedures, organisation requirements and company operations.
- Assist with ad-hoc project work where clearly defined administrative support is required.
- This person may often close late as the need arises.
The ability to multitask effectively. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are also essential for this career. Computer skills are required. Good communication skills are also necessary to instruct staff members and to address clients. Familiarity with legal terminology and government regulations will be a huge advantage for this role.
Education & Knowledge:
- Must be a graduate in Secretarial, paralegal or business related studies.
- Must be proficient with the keyboard and IT applications (this may be tested during the selection process).
- Intermediate level in the use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint Skills (all essential)
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and organize others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to professionally represent the Director’s office.
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a small team.
- Attention to detail and deadlines; Ability to filter information and assess priorities.
- Ability to prioritize and manage own workload amid conflicting demands and busy work periods; Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise.
Method of Application
Candidates with a minimum of four (4) years experience in this role should forward applications to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using "Law firm - PA" as the subject of mail. Incorrect titled applications will not be opened. Advert closes 25th September, 2015.