ESAfrica is recruiting for the role of a Media Manager (Remote Hire)
The Media Manager will support the CEO's media engagements (PR, Public speaking,TV/Radio appearances and Social media) and publications in different magazines,websites and blogs such as Forbes Africa, The Punch Newspapers, Genevieve Magazine etc; in providing practical insights and advice to create a greater awareness and understanding of personal finance and wealth management. The ideal individual for this role will be solely responsible for developing the CEO's corporate brand and contents for TV and Radio programmes, media related communications and sponsorship.
a) DEVELOP THE CORPORATE BRAND
The brand encompasses the following:
b) DEVELOP CONTENT FOR TV and RADIO PROGRAMMES – including invitation to panelists and guests
C) A-Z OF PERSONAL FINANCE
d) OTHER MEDIA RELATED COMMUNICATION
Requires a bachelor's degree with at least 4 years of experience in the field of Media and Marketing Communication
Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
Performs a variety of tasks.
A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Understands and uses effective content and techniques to convey Brand’s Message
• Applies wide research in the development of content initiatives in support of the Brand’s goals
• Knowledge of media and materials production, communication and dissemination techniques/distribution channels
• Understands the role and use of technology to deliver success in the role
Analysis and Information Gathering
• Analyses data, identifies social media/global topical trends, draw conclusions and seeks rationales
• Identifies and gathers data to support operational and strategic decision-making
• Evaluates results of brand initiatives and campaigns, analyses and reports return on investment
• Monitors topical financial trends to identify Brand niche opportunities, and develop market strengths
• Monitors news in the national and international tertiary social and Financial environment, including consumer trends, market developments and growth, and regulatory changes
Building Beneficial Relationships
• Develops and applies knowledge of key Sponsorship opportunities
• Builds and maintains relationships with media contacts and external service providers
• Establishes and manages appropriate relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Able to engage and interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders, and Followers
• Is influential and persuasive when appropriate to secure sponsorship opportunities and investment
• Able to assess and respond to followers/ subscribers’ needs, and evaluate feedback satisfaction
• Is aware of, understands and is committed to the Brand’s strategic plans, goals and aims
• Understands the political and economic environments in which the Business operates
• Understands the service organisation offers, identifies unique Service features
• Understands the organisation’s target audiences, and tailors content activity appropriately
• Understands and adheres to the organisation’s Brand policies, procedures and standard practices
• Contributes to the development of long-term media plans, initiatives and strategies
• Advanced professional written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
• Able to present and convey information in a confident, clear and interesting way, in a manner appropriate to the target audience
• Able to exchange complex information and present ideas, reports, facts and other information clearly and concisely
• Consults with CEO and other stakeholders, to provide information and receive input and feedback
• Advanced organisational skills, able to handle high levels of complexity
• Strong attention to detail combined with an ability to take initiative and manage multiple projects and activities simultaneously
• Creative, dynamic and innovative
• Understands own role and responsibilities within team, and works collaboratively with other team members to achieve collective goals and deliver results
• Able to adapt work to accommodate unexpected changes to scope or deadlines, or incorporate new elements
• Able to socialize with and relate to a wide-range of people,
• Honest, professional and cordial in all stakeholder and Followership interaction
• Identifies interactions,links or dependencies between brand initiatives or activities, and brings these to the attention of other team members for information or further analysis
• Self-motivated, able to work independently, meets deadlines and take ownership and accountability for own results
Send your resume to email@example.com.Tell a friend!