IT Operations Supervisor at AB Microfinance Bank
Posted on: 13 September, 2015
Deadline: 18 September, 2015
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at AB Microfinance Bank
AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria is a foreign-owned financial institution, based in Lagos state, which offers a broad range of financial services to micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) and other clients in the lower income strata.
- This role will involve overseeing external (client) and internal production software and hardware environments, coordinating systems analysis, and maintenance.
- Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for software implementations and day to day system operations to ensure uptime and availability for divisional systems.
- The candidate will exercise management over leaders of hardware, operating systems, network, phone systems, database administration, performance monitoring, backups, power supply and security.
- S/he will lead teams in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard practices. Additionally the candidate will participate in budgeting and capital equipment processes and quality improvement activities for the organization and will work with the Business Unit and Corporate IT leads on establishing policy and procedures.
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field is required.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience and 5+ years of experience managing staff in a similar role, preferably in a multi-site environment or Banking environment.
- Sound understanding of Microsoft System Center suite.
- Proficient management of work schedules and shift management to ensure maximum staff coverage for a 24/7/365 operation.
- Ability to manage pressure situations and provide excellent customer service to competing priorities for requests, inquiries, and complaints.
- Ability to take responsibility and work on own initiative.
Necessary Experience and Knowledge:
- Thorough understanding of the core technologies in a modern datacenter environment, including: networking, load balancing, web and application servers, relational databases, web services, firewalls and IDS, directory services, DNS, content distribution networks, virtualization, storage area networks, Windows Server and Linux.
- Experience implementing, leading, and/or administrating key operations-related ITIL Functions such as Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Transition
Knowledge of System Environments:
- Experience with Windows Server 2003/08/12, SQL Server 2005/08, Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2007/2010/2013
- Working knowledge of remote connectivity software such as RDP
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory administration
- Experience with virtualization technologies including Hyper-V
- Experience with networking equipment including Cisco, DLink and others
- Experience supporting SharePoint infrastructure
- Knowledge of current ITSM frameworks and practices including ITIL
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of core managerial functions such as budgeting, procurement, personnel management, and finance.
- Experience in IT operations of E-Banking or Online services
- Knowledge of methods and techniques involved in the completion of information system planning including security administration, operational capacity planning, and cost benefit analysis of alternative technologies.
- Knowledge of quality principles and tools, particularly root cause analysis and problem solving
- Experience in creating an environment for improving customer satisfaction and promotes an atmosphere that establishes customer satisfaction as a key value in the organization
- Ability to clearly communicate goals and priorities of the organization as they relates to technical issues
- Ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of project management tools:
- Plan development, Metrics, Cost and effort estimation
- Schedule development, Risk analysis, Monitoring of production and compliance.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to: email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AB Microfinance BankSimilar Jobs
- Finance and Admin Manager at PML Advisory Limited
- Job Openings at a Microfinance Bank - Staffline Consulting Limited
- Human Resource Manager at Credit Business Services Global Limited (CBS Credit)
- Job Vacancies at Eagle International Resource
- Customer Service Officer Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Ongoing Nationwide Graduate Recruitment at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Accounting Vacancy at Lovonus Microfinance Bank
- Job Opportunity at a Nigerian Bank Via SPC Patterns Consulting