Standard Chartered Bank - We're a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world's most dynamic markets. We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure full compliance with the Financial Controls Policies (FCP) within the Bank.
- Coordinate the Finance teams in Nigeria, Sierra Leone, and Cameroon to implement and adhere to the provisions of the Bank’s operational risk framework.
- Drive completeness of ownership and reconciliations and substantiation of balance sheet accounts in line with the provisions of the FCP
- Implement controls to monitor the number, age and nature of outstanding items in suspense and sundry accounts and prompt resolution of identified issues
- Serve as FCP and Operational Risk subject matter expert in Finance
- Scope and perform periodic control reviews across finance to determine the effectiveness of controls.
- Develop and implement training plans aimed at ensuring the FCP is clearly communicated bankwide.
- Provide necessary clarification and coaching on FCP issues to all businesses and enforce compliance with FCP.
- Ensure prompt and proper conduct of all KCSAs and arrange for all documents required for the Monthly BORG meeting
- Support the ED, Finance and CFO West Africa to maintain a robust controls environment across Finance teams in Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Cameroon.
- Ensure accurate, complete and timely reconciliations in Nigeria and drive the message of zero tolerance for operational losses and reconciliation breaks
- Enhance adherence to the Operational risk framework within Finance in Nigeria & West Africa through the WA Risk Forum
- Strengthen the financial controls hub for Cameroon and Sierra Leone in Nigeria
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Standard Chartered's Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale