The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is a non-profit organization established in 2005 with a mission to improve human health through the strengthening and expansion of applied epidemiology and laboratory capacity in partnership with Ministries of Health, Non-Governmental Organizations, international agencies, private sector and other public health agencies. AFENET has its Secretariat in Kampala, Uganda with operations in more than 16 countries.
AFENET seeks to fill the position of Head Administration with a competent person to support her operations and prevail over the administration function of the organization. The position will be based at the Secretariat.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage people and performance
- In charge of the Organization's support function and services
- Coordinate the Human Resource function of the Organization
- In consultation with the country offices, coordinate the budget process, and program work plan implementation
- Provide advice to management on appropriate property development plans
- Coordinate AFENET biennial conferences and other meetings/conferences
- Building staff competence, creating an environment of creativity and innovation, creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication and good client relationship
- Improving results,challenging the 'status quo', solving problems and encouraging creativity
- Good understanding of social security and employees' insurance requirements of Uganda and other African countries
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Masters' Degree in Human Resources, Business Admintsrrarton and or Management with proven experience in administration and people management at senior level
- At lease 5 years' relevant experience in similar duties
- Membership to Professional organizations and certification is added advantage
- Excellence in relevant Ms. Office computerapplications
- Ability to speak French and or Portuguese is an added advantage
Method of Application
Competitive based on qualification and experience. Submit your resume, application letter, and relevant documentation to:
The Administration and HR Office
ONLY successful candidates shall be contacted for an interview.
Note: More details about this position can be obtained from our website: www.afenet.net