Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
The Server/Desktop Engineer is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of the Company’s standard Project Methodology (SDLC). These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows (both physical and virtual) systems that support LAN infrastructure; Linux, Windows and Application systems that support security and email systems; Responsibilities on these systems include installation, engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development.
· Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems
· Introducing and integrating new technologies into existing data center environment
· Performing routine audits of systems and software.
· Performing backups.
· Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
· Installing and configuring new hardware and software (e.g. database systems).
· Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
· Answering technical queries and dealing with often frustrated users.
· Responsibility for security.
· Responsibility for documenting the configuration of the system.
· Troubleshooting any reported problems.
· System performance tuning.
· Ensuring that the network infrastructure is up and running.
· BSc degree in Computer Science, engineering discipline, mathematics or physics will be a distinct advantage
· Minimum of 4+ years post National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in server/desktop administration; experience within an exchange or financial services organization preferred
· Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft (preferred)
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
The Application Developer role is a technology focused role intended to provide software development and analysis services to the company.The role would suit someone with proven experience building production, commercial-quality web based applications (in C# 3.0 and above) that also has proven in depth SQL-Server development experience. Applicants must be comfortable with advanced SQL syntax, SQL Server Business Intelligence development and SQL Server (additional experience with Oracle is highly desirable). The job holder needs to be flexible and open to new ideas or change with the passion and drive to excel in their career. The job holder must be self-directed, organized, and extremely attentive to details. The job holder must recognize the value of agile, iterative development processes, SDLC and have strong OOD and OOA skills.
The Application Developer will be expected to have aptitudes, skills, knowledge and experience on the following areas:
• Demonstrable analytical skills with regard to specifying and detailing business processes and requirements
• Delivery experience with .NET framework, including C#, ADO.NET, LINQ and ASP.NET
• Extensive experience with SQL Server (2005/2008/2012)
• Experience with SQL data business intelligence (OLAP, etc…) preferred
• Practical experience in Agile development methodologies
• Ability to work both in a collaborative team environment and independently.
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with implementation and testing of DB backups, restores and recovery models.
• Database server deployment design, processes, and day-to-day operations, including monitoring and Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Formulation, management and execution of data test strategies, plans and delivery commitments in concert with business and project management efforts.
• Mobile and web service development experience
• Experience with ticketing systems (e.g.; JIRA, Bugzilla) and managed workflows
• Experience with SharePoint 2010 and above preferred
• Strong familiarity with source control systems (e.g. Team Suite)
The Application Developer will often be challenged with new problems to which they will need to rely on strong problem solving skills to resolve:
• The ability to accurately identify the cause of a system/application malfunction, interpret that to management and their colleagues, document and propose resolutions
• Fully understand structured methodologies (e.g. Agile) for using programming code to solve business problems
• Ensure all changes and implementations are well tested and managed in a controlled manner with full rollback plans
• Correctly identify when assistance is required and request it accordingly
• Collaborate with the wider team in matters where their support is required
People Management and Development
The post holder will need to show evidence of the following
• The ability to work well within a team and as part of a larger overall technology team
• They should display strong collaborative characteristics
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.), Computer Science or similar
• 3+ years of application and web application development experience (using the .Net Framework 3.0 and above)
• Other fields of study are acceptable when combined with strong background or work experience within the financial sector
• 95% on-time delivery of projects/tasks
• 97% uptime on all supported tier-1 applications
• 100% assurance that all code for deployed applications is written to industry standard employing best practice code patterns at all junctions
• 80% automated test code coverage on all production deployed code
• Suggest and assist in proposals, business cases and designs of services aimed improving process automation firm wide
• Implement 100% of projects in line with SDLC principles
• Ensure full user and technical documentation of all systems in production
• Ensure all code that the application developer is responsible for is delivered with complete and detailed documentation
• Ensure security is built into all organizational processes and development work
• Ensure working and up to date disaster recovery versions exist for all production deployed modules
• Display strong collaborative characteristics and work with wider division and company to reach stated divisional and departmental goals
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to email@example.com using the job title as subject of the mail