Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Data Analyst under supervision and close working relationship with LGA supervisor will implement information management tools and assist in report writing (weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly Quantitative and Qualitative reports). Support PQA and MIS officers in the verification and validation of data/ analysis as well as coordinating the various stages of data generation and management at LGAs level. He/She is also responsible for data collection and organizing it in a useful manner. To find, collect, collet and organize primary data from different location(s) and transmit the data in a systematic manner to the state office.
Summary of Key Objectives:
• To Contribute to the definition and the implementation of ACF policies, positioning and strategies in the mission
• To Contribute to the identification, definition, formulation of WASH projects
• To support projects implementation, monitoring and reporting
• To Support in local ACF representation and coordination with other stakeholders within the intervention area.
• Contribute to evaluation (internal and external) of project’s effect/impact.
• Contribute pro-actively to HR management (including staff career plan development)
• Contribute to the mission’s capitalization and to ACF communication
Qualifications & Essential Skills:
• Bachelor degree/HND in Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or Other relevant qualifications
• Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and culturally sensitive
• Minimum two years’ experience working with donor funded programming
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programming (Access, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, and Word)
• Knowledge and experience in using database specific software
• Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills
• Fluent in English
• Experience designing and leading capacity building and training for LGA team.
• Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy Fluency in English
• Fluent in Hausa
• Previous experience in M&E
• IT troubleshooting capabilities
• Previous experience with NGOs or INGOs
The Program Quality and Accountability (PQA) Deputy Program Manager will play a key role in implementing the PROTECT IDP response in Borno State (MMC & Jere LGA) in North-Eastern Nigeria. ACF will implement a multi-sectoral emergency response program to support IDPs in settlement and camps, and most vulnerable host households in a bid to contribute to the eradication of extreme hunger, malnutrition and poverty in Northern Nigeria.
Summary of Key Objectives:
• To research information and assist in drafting humanitarian briefs for Members and partners
• To organize trainings and events for Forum Members and partners
• To assist in coordinating the Forum
Qualifications; Essential Skills & Experience:
• Advanced university degree in law, political science, international relations, journalism, social sciences, international development or related technical field (minimum Bachelor’s degree).
• Bachelor’s degree in law, political science, international relations, journalism, social sciences, international development or related technical field.
• Written and spoken fluency in English.
• Willingness to learn and interest in humanitarian practice.
• Commitment to international humanitarian standards and principles.
• Excellent writing, editing and analytical skills and ability to formulate well-targeted advocacy documents.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and often demanding environment.
• Flexibility in terms of office hours.
• Masters’ degree in law, political science, international relations, journalism, social sciences, international development or related technical field.
• Experience in an NGO (local or international), in a newspaper or research institution.
• Knowledge of and contacts in Nigerian NGOs.
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Package
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV together with their Cover Letter as an email attachment to the following email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants should indicate in the subject title of their forwarding mail, the title of the position they are applying for.
Note: Please do not attach your certificates to the application email. Any application received after Sunday, 13th September, 2015 will not be considered.